A new hotfix for Asobo Studios’ latest Microsoft Flight Simulator arrives today, and will be addressing a number of issues – both minor and major. A recent blog post on Flight Simulator‘s official website details a list of changes coming to the game with this hotfix.
The patch notes state some performance and stability improvements, which seem to be caused by “minor memory leaks.” There are other improvements as well, to navigation, UI, planes and a bunch of other facets.
The update comes shortly after the release of Microsoft Flight Simulator on consoles. A recent update also improved the performance on PC by freeing the CPU. Microsoft also recently unveiled a number of accessories for the game, including fight controllers and keyboard mouse for consoles, read more on that through here.
Microsoft Flight Simulator is available now on PC, Xbox Series X, and Xbox Series S and is included as a part of Xbox Game Pass.
- Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
- Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
- Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
- Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
- Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
- Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
- VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
- Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
- User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
- Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
- Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
ACTIVITY / GAMEPLAY
- The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
- Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
- Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
- Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
- Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
- Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
- Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs