Anthem Gets New Update, Cataclysm Delayed And Reveal Set For Tomorrow
After some silence, the updates have started again.
As we look through the pages of gaming history, there are always games that are infamous for all the wrong reasons. Unfortunately, Anthem is one of those games ,as EA and BioWare’s planned next big GaaS (Games as a Service) title didn’t seem to do very well right out of the gate. Coupled with multiple stories of a troubled development coming out after launch, it really just seems like the whole thing just didn’t work out, to put it nicely. The team behind the game has been radio silent for most of this month after the last update. Now they’ve broken that silence and dropped another one, while setting a date for their next large scale expansion.
The update live now mostly focuses on gameplay fixes, like issues with AI, damage modifiers, animation fixes, and a multitude of other minor adjustments. You can check out a partial list below, or look at the whole changelog here.
Possibly the bigger thing is that EA has set the reveal date for the next upcoming Cataclysm event, what was meant to be the next big expansion for this month. It will be shown in some capacity tomorrow, but it seems like it’s hit a delay (again), as the developers want to make sure everything is running properly. There’s no word given on when to to expect it, but we will possibly know by tomorrow.
One of the things about the GaaS model, love it or hate it, is that it gives companies the chance to improve and update a product, so it’ll be interesting to see if BioWare can turn things around a bit when we see the Cataclysm.
Anthem is available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
- Fixed a bug where multiple status effects applied to creatures were not able to be detonated for combos.
- Inventory slot count at End of Expedition now matches the Forge and Vault
- Cortex Menu – Various bugs with navigation and opening/closing the cortex have been fixed.
- Cortex Menu – Fixed issues where some entries could not be ‘mark as read’ or would be become unread
- New items gained from an expedition will now properly show the new item icon
- Reduced frequency and intensity of several weapon muzzle flashes and gear effects.
- Colossus Components “Reinforced Hull” and “Colossal Stock Augment” have had several issues with their text descriptions fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Javelin’s lower body would twist oddly when strafing and swapping weapons.
- Resolved errors with the “Conductive Lattice” Interceptor Component not always providing correct stat bonuses.
- The “Recommended Power” values were unintentionally reverted to their original values and have been fixed. The values should now read 425 for GM1, 575 for GM2, and 675 for GM3.
- General – Fixed various issues where players could get stuck, get outside of the environment, and other art-related issues.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the Monitor’s glaive would rotate oddly during his final animation.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where you couldn’t replay the Heart of Rage after selecting to play another mission at the end of expedition screen.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the door closed prematurely preventing players from progressing to the arena.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where a player could be party gathered if hovering too close to the door of the second arena.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where you would receive no loot if your entire party was downed during the final phase of the titan fight.
- Heart of Rage – Fixed an issue where the Monitor encounter would break if too much damage was done before the final phase.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where the Fury sometimes would collide with rotating pillar on entering the arena.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed some issues where creatures were unable to path to the player correctly.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where the flight suppression progress wasn’t showing for some members of a squad.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed an issue where Ash Brutes would be able to move while frozen.
- Sunken Cell – Fixed some issues with the Spanish voice over conversations.
- Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where the player could stand inside the shield bubble of the final boss.
- Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where the player could be knocked into a cage and trapped in the boss arena.
- Temple of Scar – Fixed an issue where rejoining a session at the final boss arena would cause the player to spawn outside of the arena and then get party gathered into the arena.
- Tyrant Mine – Fixed an issue where the icon would appear twice on the Expedition map.
- Tyrant Mine – Fixed an issue with text missing on the objective.
Missions and Legendary Missions
- General: Fixed an issue where the Legendary Missions did not unlock after completing Return to the Heart of Rage.
- General: Fixed an issue where a player could launch a legendary mission that was no longer available on the schedule and would spawn in with no content.
- General: Fixed an issue where Legendary Missions would be locked until the next mission was available if you started a mission and didn’t complete it.
- Finding Old Friends – Legendary: Fixed an issue where disconnecting during the mission would cause the mission objectives to disappear and prevent the mission from progressing.
- Finding Old Friends – Legendary: Fixed an issue where two objective markers were present at the same time.
- Finding Old Friends (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue where dying on the “Go to Strider” objective, the player would be respawned across the map.
- Finding Old Friends: Fixed an issue where dialog wasn’t playing for some players in a squad.
- Finding Old Friends: Added missing summary text in the Journal entry for completed mission.
- Finding Old Friends – Legendary: Fixed an issue where players that did not bring both pieces of Ursix meat to gain entry to see Princess Zhim stopped the mission from progressing.
- Fortress of Dawn: Fixed an issue where players were able to control their EXO during the cinematics.
- Incursion (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue with party gather after leaving the interior of the cave.
- Incursion (Original and Legendary): Fixed an issue with multiple objective markers appearing.
- Legion of Dawn: Added missing outcome text in the Journal entry for completed mission.
- Lost Arcanist – Legendary: Fixed an issue where the objective marker was using an incorrect icon.
- Rescue Haluk – Legendary: Fixed an issue where the mission didn’t progress until all party members arrived at the beginning location.
- Rescue Haluk – Legendary: Fixed an issue where the move to the lower courtyard objective didn’t appear until all party members reached a specific point.
- Rescue Haluk: Fixed an issue where the summary did not appear in the Journal after completing the mission.
- Matthias Contract – Arcanist Runes: Fixed an issue where no enemies were spawning on the last objective.
- Yarrow – Tempting Target: Fixed an issue where the objective marker was missing.
- Yarrow – Imposter: Fixed an issue with the text in the Journal when this mission was completed.
- Fixed an issue where Forge UI appeared during cinematic for Crafting the Dawn Shield.
- Clarified the objective text for building and equipping the Dawn Shield.
- Fixed visual issues with the curtains at the entrance to the bar in Fort Tarsis.
- Adjusted the conversation with Sev in the introduction to the Sunken Cell stronghold to reflect that you’ve spoken with Sev previously.
- Fixed various issues where players could get stuck, get outside of the environment, and other art-related issues.
- Fixed an issue where scar hatches would sometimes appear and be enabled to enter in the middle of a world event instead of at the end.
- Reputation rewards – Fixed an issue where reputation points were not being awarded for the Freelancer in Need world event and added reputation points for discovering caves you can enter.
- Fixed issues with the Arcanist Korox Study world event where dying and respawning was sometimes causing the world event to break and not be able to complete.