BioWare’s Anthem received its latest update yesterday, but don’t expect any loot-related changes with this one. What it does bring is a reduced drop rate for gear on Javelins that you’re not using. It also ensures that the blank newsfeed is fixed and properly displaying messages when one enters the game.
Elysian Stronghold Caches will now have their rewards showing up immediately after a Stronghold is completed. It doesn’t remove Embers or other crafting resources from the loot pool, sadly. Other fixes are included for issues that would cause Nvidia highlights to crash and screen-shake when DLSS was enabled and motion blur disabled.
The full patch notes can be seen below. There’s still no update on new Freeplay events, guilds, or the new Stronghold, The Sunken, that’s supposed to be out this month. Then again, given reports of Anthem’s troubled and strenuous development, it might be for the best if BioWare takes the time to properly fix things.
Game Update 1.0.4.02 – April 08, 2019
- Fixed an issue that was causing loot to drop for javelins other than the one being used.
- Addressed a number of issues that could occasionally cause Nvidia highlights to crash.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Elysian Cache items to not appear until completing another activity or restarting the game.
- The newsfeed will now properly show content again upon launching into the game.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Ursix and Titans to not spawn as frequently in Freeplay.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the screen to shake when enabling DLSS and turning off motion blur.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players not to be able to interact with Owen, or hear his audio at the end of the Legendary version of the mission “Finding Old Friends”.
- Titans, Ursix, Luminaries and Fury enemies should no longer disappear when another player starts an Event in Freeplay.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)