Anthem Update 1.0.4 is Live, Adds Legendary Missions and Removes Forge Loading Screen
Elysian Stronghold Caches are also live with 67 unique vanity items to unlock.
The latest update for BioWare’s Anthem is now live, adding a bevy of new features and quality of life improvements. There’s also “new” content to complete, like Legendary Missions, and vanity items (that don’t include armor packs) to earn through Elysian Stronghold Caches. The update is roughly 2.3 GB to 2.6 GB depending on your platform.
Legendary Missions are essentially main story missions that can be played at a tougher difficulty. Only one is available each day and they offer “a new challenge and require team coordination”. You can replay Legendary Missions as much as you want, though time will tell if they’re worth doing over Strongholds.
The Elysian Stronghold Caches contain 67 unique vanity unlocks and can be opened with Elysian Keys earned through daily challenge. Duplicates won’t drop, which is a nice addition. In addition to all of this, The Forge is now available through the main menu without any loading screen while in Fort Tarsis or the Launch Bay. Check out the full patch notes here.
- Legendary Missions: Allows you to replay critical path missions again with a much higher difficulty level. One mission will be available per day that has no limit on the number of times it can be completed. These missions offer a new challenge and require team coordination to achieve victory!
- Elysian Caches: Earn Elysian Keys by completing daily challenges. These keys can be used on Elysian Caches, which appear at the end of each Stronghold after the boss is defeated to unlock vanity and crafting materials. Opening an Elysian Cache creates loot for each member of the Expedition. There are 67 unique vanity unlocks available, including vinyls, victory poses, emotes and arrivals. You will never get a duplicate vanity item! This is our first version of the ruleset for Elysian Caches in the game and we’ll look forward to your feedback and the data we gather from your play.
- Chests now have a chance to drop additional items and crafting materials in Strongholds, Freeplay and Missions.
- Apex creatures now have a chance to drop additional loot, similar to the change made to chests. (Apex creatures include: Ursix, Titans, Furies and Escari/Luminaries)
- On GM1 difficulty and higher, Stronghold bosses will now drop more loot with a chance at additional masterwork and legendary items.
Added support for Nvidia Highlights to capture screenshots and game clips automatically:
- Visiting and viewing overlooks
- Defeating certain large creatures.
- Performing multi-kills
- Defeating legendary creatures
- Discovering the Tombs of the Legionnaires
- Performing combos
- When the player is downed by enemies.
- Defeating bosses
Added Field of View sliders for various cameras in-game:
- Ground FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera during on foot gameplay.
- Zoomed FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera while your weapon is zoomed.
- Flight FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera during flight.
- Swim FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera while underwater.
- Pilot FOV: Adjusts the field of view of the camera when out of your javelin.
Reduced the AFK auto-kick timer from 10 minutes to 5 minutes.
Nvidia DLSS Support:
Support for Deep Learning Super-Sampling is now available on Nvidia RTX-based video cards.
- Improved performance on gameplay effects that were updating or running often to reduce performance strain.
- Example effects include things like: UI, Weather, Time of Day, Level Art with Animated Props
- The Forge can now be accessed via the main menu while you’re in Ft. Tarsis or the Launch Bay.
- There is no longer a loading screen when entering the Forge.