The latest update for Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is now live. Download sizes range from 4.3 GB on PC to 2.5 GB on PS5 and 5.3 GB on Xbox Series X/S. As the development team confirmed before release, the update adds Quality and Performance modes for Xbox Series X/S and PS5, allowing players to choose maximum resolution at 30 FPS or adaptive resolution at 60 FPS.
A number of other fixes and improvements have also been added like the option to automatically assign any skill points that haven’t been spent. The limit on fabric has also been increased to 82 while traders in your settlement will now offer the material at level 6. Xbox Series X/S players facing screen tearing should also see the issue fixed.
Check out the full patch notes here for more details. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is out now on PS5, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, Xbox One and Google Stadia. To learn more about it, check out our official review here.
Quality/Performance Mode Introduction
- Added an option to the game that allows players to choose between Performance or Visual Quality.
- This option is available for Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation 5.
- Choosing Performance allows the game to adapt the resolution and graphic settings to maintain 60 FPS.
- Choosing Quality enables the game to run maximum resolution and graphic settings while maintaining 30 FPS.
- Default values since the launch of the game are as follows:
- Xbox Series X / PlayStation 5: Performance
- Xbox Series S: Quality
- Added a new background image to the title screen.
- Added various VFX to enhance visuals.
- Added an option to automatically assign unspent skill points. This option is available from the center of the skill tree / Fate.
- Added “Weapon Runes” and “Armor Runes” as titles to their respective sections. (*)
- Added a warning when switching from a language that supports TTS to one that doesn’t.
- Sliders can now be moved with left/right arrows on M&K and controllers.
- Increased fabric limit to 82.
- Added fabric to traders once the settlement has reached Level 6.
- Added offering altar requirements to the world map.
- Updated gear quality and gear to their correct values.
- Added Assassination damage stats on the character stats page.
- Removed duplicate gear from inventory.
- Heavy and light attack stats will now adjust correctly based on acquired skill nodes.
- Heavy attack modifiers will no longer be applied to range attacks.
Performance and Stability
- Improved stability and performance.
- (Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing
- (PC) Addressed a VRAM/RAM leakage issue when alt tabbing to desktop.