A new update is live for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on all platforms and ranges from 2.4 GB to 6.3 GB in size. It adds support for the upcoming Yule Festival, a time-limited event that will see new “revellers” arrive east of one’s settlement. More details on the festival will be coming in a separate preview.
The patch also offers a number of fixes and tweaks. NPCs will now have a maximum power difference of 51 from the player. Any NPCs that are 51 Power below will be showcased in green. You can also expect World Bosses along with Alpha animals and Zealots to match your Power Level if it exceeds their base level.
Stability and performance also sees some improvements. PC players should see less freezes when performing certain actions for the first time and various issues with the graphics, character and NPC animation, and clipping have been addressed. Check out the full patch notes here for more details.
Performance and Stability
- Improved stability and performance.
- (PC) Addressed some freezes when performing specific actions for the first time.
- (PC) Addressed an issue that could cause freezes during Splash Screen.
Graphics, Audio, Animation
- Addressed various graphics issues.
- Addressed various character or NPC animation issues.
- Addressed various clipping issues.
- Addressed an issue where fish may lay on its side during the fishing animation.
- Addressed an issue where some NPCs would cut the air instead of wheat. practice doesn’t always make perfect.
- Addressed an issue where NPCs that are being assassinated while being unconscious would sometimes get up during the animation.
- Addressed an issue where Mimir’s head tattoo would not be displayed correctly.
- Addressed an issue with jagged sea foam.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)