Battlefield 2042’s next big update is out tomorrow and will offer a number of quality-of-life functions and features. Weapon attachments are being overhauled and Voiceover IP (VoIP) is coming to Party and Squads, thus allowing these players to communicate over voice chat. Patch notes for the same have been revealed and include adjustments to Specialists like Rao and Paik.
The revamped Scoreboard introduced in update 3.3 will now be available during End of Round screens. Support actions have also received an XP increase so you’ll receive four times as much XP when healing, resupplying and repairing. To compensate, XP from neutralizing and capturing objectives has been decreased.
This is on top of numerous fixes for bugs, matchmaking errors and so on. Check out some of the update notes below with full notes here. Battlefield 2042 is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC. Despite its launch issues and negative reception, it’s set to receive new content (like new Specialists, which have recently been datamined).
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is now available in Battlefield 2042.
- There are two voice chat channels to choose between: Party and Squad. Settings for VoIP can be adjusted via Options > Sound/Voice > Chat while in-game.
- In Update 3.3 we released the UI refresh for the Scoreboard. Following this update this UI refresh will now also be available during the End of Round screens.
With Update 4.0 we’ve overhauled the behavior of many weapon attachments to ensure that their impact when customizing your weapons is unique, and noticeable. Previously, some attachments had effects that were too similar from others, and it was unclear what the impact on your weapons would be when switching between them.
We encourage you to experiment with the refreshed weapon attachments to see how they feel after the update, and you’ll be able to read the full set of changes further down the page.
- Made several improvements to Kill Assists
- Damage Assists trigger from a lower damage threshold, improving consistency and clarity
EMP Grenades now trigger Assists more reliably
- Assists can now trigger when a teammate kills an enemy and either of them were covered in smoke you deployed.
- Fixed EMP effects persisting on screen
- Fixed a bug where equipping a weapon attachment from the item reveal menu would in some scenarios reset the full customization on that weapon back to defaults
- Fixed a bug where the player’s saved customization would sometimes be reset to defaults after joining a server
- Simplified keybinds for Chat and VoIP
- Switch weapon for Gunner can now be properly bound in key bindings
- Airplane and Helicopter sensitivity settings added to the Options menu
Matchmaking & Social
- Fixed a matchmaking error that could occur after quitting a Hazard Zone server
- Matchmaking information is now visible in the Player Card screen
- Fixed a bug where a user encounters a matchmaking loop and gets sent back to the lobby.
- Disbanding a party before joining it no longer incorrectly shows the “Remove EA Friend” prompt
Progression and Unlocks
- Adjusted Ribbons to make them easier to unlock across all modes, especially in Rush
- Further adjustments to specific Ribbons:
– Logistics – Progress earned from repairing friendly vehicles has been increased, and progress earned from healing and resupplying has been reduced
– Objective – Kills or Assists while fighting for objectives in Breakthrough now also give progress
Intel – Progress for hitting enemy vehicles with EMP’s has been doubled
– Combat – Destroying an enemy Ranger now rewards Ribbon progress
– Combat & Wingman – Kills and Assists on enemy Players in Hazard Zone now give increased progress
- Mastery for the Mi-240 Super Hind, MV-38 Condor, and MAV now gets progress as intended when teammates spawn in on your vehicle
- Cosmetics and weapon attachments are now correctly marked as New when unlocked
- XP from support actions has been increased, while XP from objective actions has been decreased to compensate:
– Projectile Destroyed, with Irish’ APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel, from 5 -> 10 XP
– Enemy Disrupted with EMP, from 10 -> 20 XP
– Equipment Destroyed, from 5 -> 10 XP
– Healing, from 5 -> 20 XP
– Resupply, from 5 -> 20 XP
– Repairing, from 5 -> 20 XP
– Ranger Destroyed, from 25 -> 75 XP
– Objective Neutralized, from 250 -> 200 XP
– Objective Captured, form 375 -> 200 XP
– Sector/Objective Defended, from 15 -> 10 XP.
– Added an XP event for killing a downed enemy in Hazard Zone