To say that Battlefield 2042 has faced a mixed reception since its early access launch last week would be an understatement. With that in mind, DICE will be releasing a small update before launch. This will be aimed at fixing some of the rubber banding issues that players have been facing (it recently disabled the Proximity Sensor throwable to help with the same).
This update will also “significantly” reduce stuttering instances on Breakaway, meaning the Silo’s destruction should no longer affect performance on the server. Other changes include allies’ names now displaying correctly when looking at them and a Boris skin earned by Mastery Progression now being called “Gator.” Check out the full patch notes below for more details.
But that’s not all. DICE also confirmed that two more updates would release over the next 30 updates. The first is aimed are delivering fixes and improvements based on playtime from the early access week while the second will be “larger and more substantial.” Stay tuned in the meantime.
Battlefield 2042 is out tomorrow worldwide for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5 and PC. Check out our official review here for more details.
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only – Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.