Cadence of Hyrule Update 1.0.2 Adds Achievements, Beat Rumble Option
Leaderboards have also been added for co-op runs.
Brace Yourself Games has a new update for Cadence of Hyrule, its rhythmic dungeon crawler which features Crypt of the NecroDancer mashed up with The Legend of Zelda. Along with adding achievements and numerous bug fixes, there are other new features like leaderboard categories for co-op. Keep in mind that using co-op during a run will put you in contention for the co-op leaderboard as opposed to regular leaderboards.
Another new option is Beat Rumble. This sees the controller vibrating gently, which should help players get a better feel for the rhythm. Other fixes have been added for map escapes and dungeon skips. Check below for the rest of the patch notes for update 1.0.2 (courtesy of Reddit).
Cadence of Hyrule released this past June, shortly after Nintendo’s E3 Direct presentation. The game has garnered praise for its implementation of NecroDancer’s gameplay into the world of Zelda. And don’t worry if you’re not a rhythm game player – there are options for playing rhythm-free as well.
Cadence Of Hyrule Update 1.0.2 Patch Notes
- Added achievements
- Added leaderboard categories for co-op. If co-op is used at any point during a run, the run will become a “co-op” run for leaderboard purposes
- Added more granularity to time-based leaderboard scores
- Added a “Beat Rumble” option, that gently vibrates the controller on the beat
- Added “(<character> only)” flyaway when a player picks up a weapon their character cannot currently use
- Added collision in several areas to prevent map escapes and dungeon skips
- Added an option to see the credits from the main menu
- Adjusted enemy movement behaviour when an enemy is being pushed against a wall by wind
- Adjusted player movement behaviour when holding an object while being pushed by wind
- Adjusted player movement behaviour when pushing an object while sliding on ice
- Added an option to change some HUD elements to improve readability for colour-blind players
- Changed HUD elements to grey-out when the player does not have enough stamina for that action
- Prevent giving out dagger/shortsword in “Flawless Victory” blue chest
- Fixed a bug that could cause enemies to take an extra move when the song looped
- Fixed a bug where bombs could be lifted after they had exploded, with unintended results
- Fixed a bug where game time would continue to count up if the console was put to sleep or quit to the home menu
- Fixed a bug where skipping the cutscene between phases of the Ganon battle could prevent him from refilling his health
- Many other bug fixes