Infinity Ward has released a new update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, re-enabling attachment tuning. It was disabled due to crashes for players who had four or more tuned attachments equipped. Further issues for the same shouldn’t be encountered going forward.
There is more to look forward to with the update, though. Players who partied in-game and crashed during matchmaking should see the issue resolved. Improvements have been also made for camos not unlocking, frame rate issues, freezing issues, stuttering and lag, and overall performance.
As for weapon balancing, the team is still “actively collecting weapon performance/usage data.” Updates on weapon balancing are coming ahead of Season 1’s launch on November 16th. The UI will also see some refinements when the season starts. Details on Warzone 2.0’s Al Mazrah map and new DMZ mode are also coming ahead of their launch.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, and PC. Check out our review here.
Modern Warfare 2 Community Update: Week One Patch Notes
We’ve addressed a number of crashes affecting players across all platforms including the bug that caused certain players partied-up in game to crash when matchmaking. Last night’s update should provide additional stability in terms of crashing. We will continue to monitor live issue reports and provide resolutions as soon as we are able.
We have made general game improvements including:
- Fix for various camos not unlocking during progression.
- Fixed framerate drop issues.
- Addressed known freezing issues.
- Overall performance improvements.
- Added fixes for stuttering and lag issues.
- A recent NVIDIA hotfix addressed some critical issues. Please make sure you are running the game on drivers 526.61.
- The PC benchmark map has been updated with a more accurate reading of the FPS display.
- Be sure to follow our friends at Beenox for additional updates for MW2 on PC.
- We are actively collecting weapon performance/usage data and will provide detailed updates on weapon-balancing with the launch of Season 01.
- Last week we disabled the attachment tuning feature due to an issue affecting players with 4 or more tuned attachments equipped at once. We re-enabled attachment tuning in last night’s update so players should not encounter further issues equipping attachments on a weapon.
- Enemy or live ping will remain disabled in multiplayer until a fix is implemented with the launch of Season 01. This is due to a bug where ping remained on some players after death. KBM players are currently still able to danger ping.
- The player icon on the minimap will no longer disappear after a player is revived in certain modes.
- We have added Breenbergh Hotel into Third Person Moshpit
- There are no significant map changes, but we have patched various exploits and geometry bugs in the days since launch. We’ll continue to address small fixes through daily updates.
- We continue to refine our UI and will have more details in the Season 01 launch notes.
- In addition to changes that we have already made, we are also actively tracking live issues. Some of the known issues at present include:
We are aware of the following issues and fixes are in the works
- Riot shield provides invincibility against chopper gunner and VTOL
- DDOS Field upgrade availability bug
- A bug affecting helicopter height, which allows them to leave the map in some instances
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)