The first free DLC for The Farm 51’s Chernobylite is now live, adding several new foes and a new side quest type. The enemies in question include the Feral Chernohost who is extremely fast and the Overgrown Duster, which attacks from a distance along with being able to disappear. Check them out below along with the Ancient Shadow.
The side quest is Monster Hunt, which requires killing one of the three new enemies. They can appear in any level, though the quest won’t be as common as food drops. Other changes include a redesign for The Black Stalker who will now actively hunt the player and scales his strength based on the storm. But if defeated, he won’t appear again in the same day.
Various bug fixes have also been made – check them out in the patch notes below for more details. Chernobylite is currently available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC with PS5 and Xbox Series X/S versions coming later. Check out our official review for the game here.
- Sometimes the loot screen was visible for too long. We fixed that.
- Items brought by your companions when the inventory is full will no longer disappear, but will be placed on the ground instead.
- We have corrected the wrong names of some containers.
- An indicator might occasionally not show up on some containers, when the player was in sprinting mode. We fixed that.
- The lockpick icon would sometimes not display correctly. This has been fixed.
- When giving away meals, the companion status would sometimes not display correctly. We fixed it.
- The Black Stalker will now be highlighted by the PDA if we have the appropriate bonus.
- Fixed a very rare bug where one of the crystals on the fractal timeline would not change its colour, making it very difficult to return to reality.
- The poison that we could use to poison Kozlov would not disappear from the inventory. We fixed it.
- Meeting with Tarakan: We fixed the blocker that was triggered by very fast skipping through dialogues.
- Meeting with Tarakan: We fixed a blocker that was triggered by running in and out of the apartment without interacting with Tarakan.
- Meeting with Tarakan: Soldiers should no longer get lost in front of the Tarakan’s block.
- Voice in the woods: We fixed a bug that was blocking the interaction with the food crate when loading save at a very specific moment.
- Heist: Sometimes Igor was unable to use the explosives, even though he did have them. We fixed it
- Hermit: We corrected collisions to make it impossible to miss the key elements of the quest.
- Chain Reaction: We removed unnecessary collisions that were blocking the player.
- The opponent’s death animation would sometimes break if the player has not witnessed it from the beginning. We fixed it.
- With a specific combination of upgrades, the Shotgun would start to deal much less damage than it should. We fixed it.
- The zones should now be better marked when selecting missions.
- Enemies in the large building in the Moscow Eye level should now move normally.
- Fixed some objects disappearing while being too close to the player in the Moscow Eye and Pripyat Port levels.
- We fixed some collisions in several places in Heist level to reduce the chance of getting stuck and falling out of level.
- We have disabled the ability to climb certain objects in the prison level and on the timeline. They made it possible to go beyond the accessible area.
- Fixed the spot in Kopachi where the player could get completely blocked.
- Fixed the position of some dusters that were too far from the surface (Kopachi, Red Forest)
- We have improved spawning points available for some Chernohosts at the train depot in Red Forest. They should not be blocking themselves anymore.
- We improved the location of several resources in Pripyat Port level that were unintentionally unavailable for collection.
- During one of the events with Tatyana in Pripyat Port not all objects would appear/disappear as planned. We fixed it.
- We improved the implementation of the animations Pripyat Port carousels. They no longer should act as a catapult
- We improved streaming in the largest building of the Moscow Eye level. It could have been the reason for clipping on slower computers
- It was possible to leave Igor’s room after turning on the photo mode. We fixed it.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)