Motion Twin and Evil Empire have released the latest update for roguelite action title Dead Cells. “Break the Bank” adds a brand new biome called The Bank along with three new enemies, three new weapons and three new Mutations. Check out the gameplay trailer below to see it in action.
To unlock The Bank, one must first reach the Hand of the King. After this, The Bank will randomly spawn after the Prisoner’s Quarters starting area. You can enter it by opening a “flashy” chest in the transition areas between biomes. In terms of new enemies, there’s the Agitated Pickpocket who tries to steal your gold; the Gold Gorger who grows with the gold it’s collected (and can become extremely powerful); and the Golden Kamikaze Bat which drops a lot more gold than the regular version.
New weapons include the Gold Digger gives gold on hits (and if you’re rich, then provides crits), the Dagger of Cupidity which crits for three seconds after picking up some gold, and the Money Shooter which will use your gold as ammo. The new Mutations are Midas’ Blood (gain gold when losing health), Gold Plating (gold lost when hit instead of health) and Get Rich Quick (gain bonus gold when killing enemies with a speed boost).
For other changes and quality of life updates, check out the patch notes below.
- Items dropped after boss fights now have +1 item level. Boss loot felt unrewarding due to its level, so we increased it by +1.
- Vampirism rework – now you sacrifice a percentage of your maximum health to gain life leech on your melee attacks (double effect with heavy weapons) and gain a speed boost for 10 seconds.
- Increased War Spear damage. It is no longer flagged as a heavy weapon – this mainly impacts its affix pool.
- The Queen’s resistance to “crowd control” effects (Stun, Root, etc) has been increased.
- Removed ‘Shield on Use’ from Face Flask and Serenade affix pool.
- Scarecrow outfits now have proper names!
- Maw of the Deep and Bladed Tonfas text updated to reflect the changes made in the DLC3 hotfix.
- Conjunctivius’ eye now searches for the beheaded if invisible in tentacle phase.
- Custom mode Cursed Chest’s maximum curse increased to 999.
Quality of Life
- Added the last fight of the Servants in the training room.
- Upgrading an item in quality at The Blacksmith’s Apprentice doesn’t re-roll affixes anymore.
- Added permanent light in Servants boss rooms for the Follow the Light custom game gameplay modifier.
- Maw of the Deep now properly displays crits.
- Fixed invisible bullets for out of screen traps.
- Fixed servants dying off screen after boss fight due to Barbed Tips.
- Fixed some custom mode softlocks.
- Fixed Giant’s slam attack not spawning crystals.
- Fixed various bugs and crashes for the Queen.
- Fixed Pause Bug. Hopefully for good this time.
- Fixed custom mode gameplay modifiers incompatibility.
- Fixed Spoiler Boss’s flask not appearing in the UI.
- Fixed falling through the ground on Carnivorous Plants.
- Cursed Sword now displays its true damage values.
- Various visual optimisations.
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)