Motion Twin has just released its 13th update for the Metroidvania rogue-lite Dead Cells. Currently live on Steam, Fear the Rampager adds a new enemy and re-balances several key weapons and Mutations, making some stronger, while others less so. There are also two new Brutality Mutations that players can choose from.
Firstly, the new enemy is the Rampager. It will appear in multiple biomes from Boss Stem Cell 3 upwards, with the Arbiter going back to the Cavern. Described as “reaaaaaaaally fast”, the Rampager has no qualms about constantly hounding you. Kill it before it kills you, essentially.
As for nerfs, weapons like Giant Killer, Rampart, Heavy Grenade, and so on have been made less effective. You can check out the full patch notes here, or get them below, for more information on the changes. However, in exchange, about 30 items and weapons have been buffed to be more useful. That’s in addition to a rework for the Thunder Shield which now causes you to disperse electricity everywhere after parrying.
Thunder Shield rework:
- Parrying charges you up, dealing damages all around you.
- Using the shield again when charged up discharge instantly, stunning enemies.
- Keeping the shield up still deals damages in front of you.
We nerfed arbiter.
- That’s all folks! And locked them up in the Cavern in all difficulties, for good measure.
- New mob: the Rampager. Think Zombies, but deadlier.
- Replaces the Arbiter for difficulties BC3+ in all levels.
- Removed minions
- Removed the bump when the Elite enrages
- Weapons and Activables dropped by Elites always have a starred affix.
- Prevented some mob + ability combos : Shield + Shielding pylons,
- Failed Experiment + Rotating laser and Bomber + Rotating laser
- Fixed elites seeing you through walls when climbing one-way platforms.
Two new Brutality mutations:
- Adrenalin: Dodge an enemy attack at the last second and gain lifesteal on melee damages for a few seconds.
- Frenzy: Gain lifesteal on melee damages while in speed boost.
New affix on amulets: Reveal invisible enemies.
Added an option to remove screenshake.