Bungie has released a new hotfix for Destiny 2, which fixes bugs and primarily buffs certain aspects of Solar Warlocks and Titans following the Solar 3.0 changes. However, it also updated the description for Caliban’s Hand, the new Hunter Exotic which was supposed to pair with Throwing Knife. After reports of bugs, it now states: “Proximity Knife scorches targets it damages with its explosions, or ignites targets on a direct kill.”
As per a highly upvoted post on Reddit, this is another instance of simply ignoring the issues with a bugged Exotic as opposed to fixing it. Other changes with the hotfix include Pinnacle gear no longer dropping more than once per week from Duality’s Master difficulty. Whether it’s Legend or Master difficulty, encounters will only drop Pinnacle rewards once per week for each class.
Check out the full notes for hotfix 126.96.36.199 below. Destiny 2 is currently available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PS4, PS5, PC and Google Stadia with Season of the Haunted currently underway.
Raids and Dungeons
- We have fixed an issue where Pinnacle gear was dropping more than once per week in the Master version of the Duality dungeon. Encounters from either Legend or Master, whichever is completed first, reward pinnacles once per week per class. Pinnacle rewards were unrestricted in Duality Master mode before this change.
- Fixed an issue that blocked progress in Grasp of Avarice final boss encounter. Captain Avarokk might still show some shaky animations during the fight.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an activity crash during the Caretaker encounter in Vow of the Disciple.
- Removed Powerful rewards from Deep Stone Crypt when it’s not a weekly featured Raid.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where some weapons wouldn’t get Deepsight progression
- Fixed an issue where the enhanced version of Bait and Switch was not working.
- Fixed an issue where Adaptive Munitions was not working on Glaives.
- Fixed an issue where the Exotic Sidearm Trespasser was not available in Collections.
- Fixed an issue where the Season Pass Auto Rifle Firefright was not available in Collections
- Fixed an issue where the Conscripted ornament for Traveler’s Chosen could no longer be equipped
- Updated the description of the Roast ‘Em perk on the Hunter Exotic arms Caliban’s Hand: “Proximity Knife scorches targets it damages with its explosions, or ignites targets on a direct kill.”
- Fixed an issue where Artifice Armor lost their special mod socket.
- Heat Rises: Added behavior: Consuming your grenade now also releases a burst of cure x2 around you, healing you and your nearby allies. Consuming a Healing Grenade increases the strength of the burst to cure x3 and consuming a Touch of Flame Healing Grenade provides Restoration as an additional benefit.
- Icarus Dash: Added behavior: While airborne, rapidly defeating targets with your Super or any weapon cures you.
- Celestial Fire: Each Celestial Fire projectile now applies 10 Scorch stacks. This is increased to 15 stacks with Ember of Ashes equipped.
- Burning Maul: Buffed damage in PvE by 25%.
- Roaring Flames: While Roaring Flames is active, your uncharged melee attack now deals Solar damage and applies 30 scorch stacks to targets per hit. This is increased to 40 stacks with Ember of Ashes equipped. Fixed an issue where the Roaring Flames Aspect wouldn’t proc on some Solar grenade kills.
- Consecration: Fragment slots increased from 1 to 2. Raised the height of the secondary attack’s ground wave by 25% to more easily catch players who jump too late.
Ember of Benevolence
Fixed an issue that caused this Fragment to activate and refresh inconsistently. Should now always activate from:
- Allies entering your Healing Rift or Well of Radiance.
- Healing allies with a Healing Grenade, Heat Rises grenade consume, Edge of Intent Warlock Glaive turret, or Phoenix Dive landing detonation.
- Hitting allies with Lumina’s Noble Rounds or Boots of the Assembler orbs.
- Fixed an issue with Vortex, Voidwall, and Solar grenades causing them to deal less damage than intended against PvE targets.
- Fixed an issue where certain Rare armor was able to be dismantled for Legendary rewards.
- Fixed an issue where the Season 17 Season Pass +10 ranks bundle was not properly showing on Eververse.
- Fixed an issue with the Russian translation for the perk Sleight of Hand. Now it properly states the perk functionality.