Following the release of the Vault of Glass for Destiny 2, sentiment in the community was trending on the positive side. So of course there’s a new hotfix with nerfs to some beloved Season of the Splicer Exotics. Hotfix 3.2.02 comes with a few fixes for issues like Recovery-focused Umbral Engrams not always awarding armor with high Recovery stats and the Energy Accelerant mod no longer increasing damage against players.
However, the mod also no longer increases the base damage for Symmetry, Telesto, Deathbringer and Black Talon. Star-Eater Scales has been fixed so that its damage bonus will now only apply to Supers and not weapons and grenades. However, the number of stacks to reach the buff has gone from four to eight stacks.
As for Boots of the Assembler, an issue which allowed for spawning too many Noble Seekers by stepping in and out of Rifts has been fixed. However, when the Rift’s duration is being extended with the Exotic, class ability regeneration is now paused. This was mostly done to prevent game crashes from having too many Rifts in one activity (along with making Sanguine Alchemy a decent alternative).
Check out the full hotfix notes here for more details and changes.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 188.8.131.52
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where Recovery-focused Umbral Engrams would sometimes not award armor with a sufficiently high Recovery stat.
- Fixed issues where some Common, Uncommon, and Rare armors would provide stat bonuses when used as ornaments as a part of Armor Synthesis.
- Energy Accelerant mod:
- No longer increases damage against players.
- No longer increases the base damage of Symmetry, Telesto, Black Talon, and Deathbringer.
- Telesto has also received another sternly worded lecture.
- Sundering Blast no longer causes Overload champions to exit their stun state when damaged by the explosion created by the mod.
- Fixed an issue where Star-Eater Scales was erroneously applying its damage bonus to weapons and grenades instead of only Supers as intended.
- Increased the maximum number of stacks required for the full damage bonus from four stacks to eight stacks.
- Fixed an issue where players could spawn too many noble seekers with Boots of the Assembler by stepping in and out of a Rift.
- When Warlocks wearing Boots of the Assembler are extending the duration of a Rift, class ability regeneration pauses. Design note: The reason for this change was both to prevent game crashes caused by too many rifts being placed in a single activity, and to restore some of the advantage to running Sanguine Alchemy over Boots of the Assembler.