Ask anyone about some of the most tedious quests in Bungie’s Destiny 2 and The Mountaintop will inevitably come up. Considering it requires a good amount of Crucible and is one of the best PvE weapons in the game, much of the frustration is understandable. Fortunately, it seems Bungie will finally be relaxing the requirements for its quest and even making the Vanguard Pinnacle weapon, Wendigo GL3, easier to earn as well.
Hotfix 22.214.171.124 will be arriving next week and along with quality of life improvements, it will change the quests for earning both weapons. In a follow-up comment, community manager dmg04 listed the changed requirements on Reddit:
- Grenade Launcher kills are worth 100% more for each objective
- Death Penalty no longer exist for the final objective
- Grenade Launcher multikills grant 50% more progress
- Completing Playlist strikes grants a significant amount of progress towards the final objective
- Required number of multi-kills has been reduced from 200 to 75
- Required number of medals has been reduced from 100 to 25
- Points earned in Competitive has been further increased relative to other PvP modes (roughly 1x for Quickplay, 2x for IB, 3x for comp)
If you’re thinking that there’s no point grinding since these weapons will be nerfed with Shadowkeep’s release, don’t worry – dmg04 further confirmed on Twitter that grenade launchers won’t be nerfed for the expansion. Then again, since they’ve been meta for so long, one has to wonder what else Bungie will be changing to mix things up. Lunafaction Boots + Well of Radiance nerfs to dis-incentivize auto-loading grenade launchers? We’ll have to wait and see.
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is out on October 1st for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Destiny 2: New Light, the free-to-play version of the game, also releases on the same day.
There are no nerfs to Grenade Launchers (Including MT/Wendigo) coming in Shadowkeep.
— dmg04 (@A_dmg04) August 29, 2019