Destiny 2’s next update is going live tomorrow and along with ushering in the Solstice of Heroes, it also brings a much needed nerf. Yes, the Lord of Wolves is finally being toned down after its “Release the Wolves” rework made it fairly broken on PC. Update 2.5.2 will be live when maintenance concludes tomorrow at 9 AM PDT.
So how is Lord of Wolves being nerfed? It will have less effective range, which becomes more pronounced when the “Release the Wolves” perk is active. You’ll also receive less ammo from Shotgun scavenger perks during the released state so no more running around, chaining kills, and snowballing the competition.
Other changes include not requiring a full set of Leviathan armour to complete certain Tribute Hall Triumphs and also earning more points depending on the number of gear pieces equipped. Iron Banner’s quest objectives have also been toned down to make them less of a grind (which would have been nice before Iron Banner went live but what can you do?). Scope out some of the changes below, and get the full details through here.
Lord of Wolves
- Reducing the amount of ammo Shotgun scavenger perks can give to Lord of Wolves when in the Release the Wolves state
- Decreasing the effective range on Lord of Wolves
- This decrease is more aggressive when in the Release the Wolves state
- Tribute Hall Triumphs for “The Emperor’s Gladiator” and “Scoundrel in Uniform” will no longer require a full set of Leviathan gear equipped to progress
- Players will earn more points based on the number of gear pieces worn, similar to other Triumphs
- Iron Banner quest objective values will been adjusted for future events
- Reducing grenade kills required by 50%, and ally grenade kills will be worth as much as your own
- Reducing Sword kills required by 25%, and ally sword kills will be worth as much as your own
- Heroic Menagerie will drop a Sword for first time completion (100%)
- Subsequent completions will have a moderate chance to drop a sword (25%)
- Fixing an issue where completion notifications did not appear after completing bounties
- This will also fix an issue where players would sometimes not spawn during a Crucible match