Bungie has released the newest season for Destiny 2, Season of the Chosen, which sees players battling the Cabal in new Battlegrounds and revisiting old Strikes from Destiny 1. A new update is also available, bringing a host of changes and improvements. Armor and weapons from the Dreaming City and Moon have been reissued with a new max Power cap.
On Europa, a new landing zone has been added in the Eventide Ruins for those who finished the campaign in Beyond Light. Another great change is that raids will now reward Masterwork materials. Enhancement Cores and Prisms can be obtained from the hidden chests in The Last Wish, Garden of Salvation and Deep Stone Crypt raids. Completing the weekly director challenge for the featured raid awards an Ascendant Shard.
Stasis has seen a number of nerfs, particularly when it comes to being frozen. Frozen players will now take 50 percent less damage from Primary weapons and 50 percent more damage from Special and Heavy weapons along with non-Stasis abilities. The Revenant’s Withering Blade melee also no longer deals critical headshot damage though its base damage has been increased from 60 to 90.
Check out the full update notes here for more details.
Destiny 2 Update 3.1.0.
- New Landing Zone added in Eventide Ruins for all players who complete the Beyond Light campaign.
- The Reverie Dawn armor set has been reissued with a new max power cap and the Combat Style mod socket.
- The Waking Vigil, Vouchsafe, Retold Tale, and Sleepless weapons have been reissued with a new max power cap and new perk pools.
- Dreaming City weapons that have reached their max power caps will no longer drop once you have obtained the item once, allowing collectors to fill out their collections while ensuring that subsequent item drops remain usable in difficult activities.
- Fixed an issue where Petra’s map icon could blink even when there was no quest to talk to her.
- Fixed an issue where one-way connection or temporary connections between areas weren’t accounted for by the waypoint system.
- Fixed an issue where one of the portals to the Confluence was missing.
- Fixed an issue where some Shuro Chi dialog lines could play twice when picking up a patrol beacon.
- Fixed an issue where lighting would noticeably pop when moving between Rheasilvia and Harbinger’s Seclude.