Bungie has released a new update for Destiny 2 which reduces the requirement for obtaining Pinnacle weapons The Mountaintop and Wendigo-GL3. However, it also contains a plethora of quality of life changes and improvements. First and foremost is that Planetary Materials, Vanguard Tokens, Crucible Tokens and so on can be stacked up to 9,999 instead of 999.
The Reckoning, notorious for its difficulty, has had is enemies adjusted. They now have less health and deal less damage. Weapon drop rates have also been increased for both Reckoning and Gambit Prime. Playing in higher tiers of Reckoning will result in higher drop rates so Tier 3 is where it’ll be at.
Bad luck protection is also in play for both activities. If you don’t receive any weapons after playing numerous matches, then you’ll receive one guaranteed. Other changes including increased drop chance for Braytech Schematics when opening Rasputin Data Caches have also been implemented. Check out some of the patch notes below.
Destiny 2 Update 22.214.171.124
Updated the stack size limit from 999 to 9,999 for Planetary Materials, Gunsmith Materials, Vanguard Tokens, Crucible Tokens, and Iron Banner Tokens.
- Braytech Schematics are no longer limited to 1 per day, per account
- Braytech Schematics have a 25% drop chance when opening any Rasputin Data Cache
- The four Braytech weapons offered by Ana Bray, and also tied to the Wayfarer seal, now have a greater chance of granting a weapon you do not currently have.
NOTE: The description of the item will be incorrect and still mention that it’s limited to 1 per day, per account. This will be addressed in a future hotfix.
Pinnacle Weapon Quests
- Grenade Launcher kills are worth 100% more for each objective
- Death Penalty no longer exist for the final objective
- Grenade Launcher multikills grant 50% more progress
- Completing Playlist strikes grants a significant amount of progress towards the final objective
- Required number of multi-kills has been reduced from 200 to 75
- Required number of medals has been reduced from 100 to 25
- Points earned in Competitive has been further increased relative to other pvp modes (roughly 1x for Quickplay, 2x for IB, 3x for comp)
Gambit Prime and Reckoning
- Enemies in Reckoning adjusted to have less health and do less damage to players
- Increased weapon drop rates in Reckoning and Gambit Prime
- Further increased bad luck protection to each activity, so players should receive a weapon reward after playing multiple matches without one dropping
- Tier 3 Reckoning will have even higher drop rates, as it is more challenging