Fallout 76 Beta Receives 30 GB Patch, Fixes Several Performance Issues
Bethesda addresses numerous bugs, glitches, and the overall stability of the client.
In the midst of Bethesda’s Fallout 76 having its last few beta dates left, a new patch has been released to address stability, performance issues, and other bugs. The 30 GB patch is out now and offers a pretty substantial amount of fixes. Players can also expect to see the game client and servers being made significantly more stable.
Some other interesting changes include mid to high-level enemies getting a few balance tweaks. The Scorched have had their health and damage resistance increased, while Super Mutants have had both attributes slightly decreased. Numerous mid to high-level enemies have seen their melee damage increased. Check out the full patch notes below for more information.
Bethesda will be supporting Fallout 76 for quite a while (somewhere between “forever” and “as long as people are playing”). Progress from the beta, in the meantime, will transfer over to the full game when it releases on November 14th. If you’re interested in trying out the latest patch, the beta will be live today at 10 AM PST.
- Stability: The Fallout 76 game client and servers have received significant stability improvements.
- Performance: Several issues have been addressed to resolve hitches during gameplay and other performance issues.
Many mid and high-level enemies have received additional balance adjustments. Some notable changes include:
- Scorched: Health and Damage Resistance have been increased for mid- and high-level Scorched.
- Super Mutants: Health and Damage Resistance have been slightly decreased for mid- and high-level Super Mutants.
- Melee Damage: Melee damage has been increased across many mid- and high-level enemies, particularly Mirelurks and Mirelurk Hunters.
Camp, workshops, and crafting
Crafting: Material requirements to craft Throwing Knives and Tomahawks have been increased. Additionally, Throwing Knives and Tomahawks can no longer be sold to vendors.
Event Quests: The time required to restart a previously completed Event Quest has been increased from 45 minutes to 1 hour and 12 minutes.
Art and graphics
- Enemies: Fixed an issue that could cause enemies to stop playing animations and instead enter a default “T-Pose”.
- Graphics: Fixed an issue that could cause artifacting to display on the character’s hands and weapons while inside the Whitespring and playing in first-person.
- Water: Water no longer flickers or flashes white in building interiors.
- Workshops: Powered objects placed at Workshops will now correctly play animations and sound effects.
Voice Chat: Selecting “Play with Team” from the Main Menu no longer causes voice chat to stop functioning for non-leader teammates.
Camp, workshops, and crafting
Workshops: Successfully defending a Workshop no longer awards more Aid items than intended.
- I Am Become Death: Launching a Nuke will now complete the “I Am Become Death” Quest for all teammates.
- Rewards: Completing the “First Contact” and “Thirst Thing’s First” quests no longer award more Aid items than intended.
- Languages: Improvements have been made to better support text display across several languages, including: Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
- Languages: Blueprints now accept names that utilize Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese characters.
- Languages: Running Fallout 76 with language options set to Traditional or Simplified Chinese no longer causes the game to launch in English.
- Login [PC]: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from logging into Fallout 76 on PC.
- Resolution [PC]: Adjusting Windows Display Scaling settings no longer causes the game to launch in lower or higher resolutions than expected.
- Map: Map markers no longer disappear when attempting to respawn after dying while overencumbered and possessing no Caps.
- Settings [PC]: The Lighting Quality setting can now correctly be changed to High.
- Social: Players will no longer encounter a “Failed to reconnect to team.” error message at the Main Menu screen.
- Social: Fixed an issue that could prevent players from seeing one another in the Social Menu after adding each other as friends.
- Trading: Attempting to trade with a player who is entering Power Armor no longer causes the game client to become unresponsive.