Bethesda’s latest update for Fallout 76 is available to download on all platforms. As detailed last week, this upgrades the stash to allow for storing 1200 lbs of items. The Pip-Boy has also been updated with three new tabs to better sort through armor, food/drink and new items.
Numerous quality of life improvements have also been made. Selecting a stack of items will now display its total weight along with that of an individual item. Player Vending Machines will now indicate how many Legendary items they’re selling when viewed on the map. The overall star rating will also be indicated.
Build Mode has also seen an update to help color blind players. Instead of green, outlines in Build Mode will now be blue to better indicate whether something can be placed or not. On top of all this, players can also claim a free “Heart Wrencher” skin for the Pipe Wrench via the Atomic Shop till February 16th. For the full patch notes, head here.
Inventory and User Interface Improvements
- Stash Increase: Hold onto extra gear with a Stash increase! We’ve increased the amount of weight your Stash can hold by 50%, giving you 1,200 pounds to work with.
New Inventory Tabs: We’ve added a few new tabs to your inventory menus so that you can better organize your gear, from your snacks and Stimpaks, to your outfits and armor.
- New – This tab will keep track of all the items you gather during a play session, sorted by newest to oldest. If you already have a stackable item in your inventory, like Steel Scrap, then new Steel Scrap you pick up will not appear in the “New” tab. Instead, it will be added to your existing stack. Additionally, the “New” tab will reset if you leave your current world.
- Armor – We’ve split Armor into its own menu tab so that you can keep your defensive gear separate from your other Apparel.
- Food/Drinks – Your food and drinks are now split out from “Aid” into their own “Food/Drinks” inventory tab. Please note that your Chems and Serums will remain in “Aid.”
Stack Weight: What’s weighing you down? From now on, when you select a stacked item in your inventory, the Pip-Boy will show you the individual weight and the stack weight.
Vending Machine Map Previews: The tool-tip that appears when you’re previewing another player’s Vending Machines on the Map will now show the number of 1-, 2-, and 3-star legendary weapons and armor they’re selling. This way, you’ll have more information about the legendary goodies players are selling before you choose to Fast Travel to their C.A.M.P.s.
- Additionally, Vending Machine categories that are empty will no longer appear in the tool-tip to help you more easily see what types of items players do have for sale.