With the exception of a temporary dip a couple of weeks ago, Final Fantasy 16 has been topping Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games – as voted by its readers – consistently, and for quite some time. The status quo is maintained this week as well, with the PS5 RPG taking the top spot again.
It has a healthy lead over the game placed second, Bayonetta 3- though PlatinumGames’ upcoming action title is not the only Switch game in the top 10. Fellow Switch exclusives like Splatoon 3 (at No. 4), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel (at No. 5), and Kirby and the Forgotten Land (at No. 6) also find themselves in the charts.
Dragon Quest 10 Offline, meanwhile, occupies two places in the top 10, with the Switch version at No. 3 and the PS4 version at No. 10. Capcom’s upcoming expansion Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak comes in at ninth place, while fellow-Capcom game Pragmata comes in at No. 8.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between February 23 and March 2.
1. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 705 votes
2. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 586 votes
3. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 548 votes
4. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 546 votes
5. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 527 votes
6. [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 435 votes
7. [NSW] Ushiro – 318 votes
8. [PS5] Pragmata – 254 votes
9. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak – 228 votes
10. [PS4] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 159 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]