Final Fantasy 16 has been around the top spots of Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games for a while now. This week, the upcoming Square Enix RPG has taken the second spot again. Taking the top spot is Splatoon 3, which hadn’t yet launched when voting for these charts took place.
Once again, the top 10 is dominated largely by upcoming Switch titles, though there are a few notable PS5 titles in there as well. Another Final Fantasy game, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, which comes in at No. 10. Meanwhile, the PS5 version of the upcoming Resident Evil 4 remake slots in at ninth place with a narrow lead over the game below it.
Meanwhile, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (which was still known as the untitled sequel to Breath of the Wild when voting for these charts took place) has come in at No. 6. Bayonetta 3 slots in at No. 3, while fellow upcoming Nintendo Switch first party exclusive Pokemon Scarlet and Violet follows behind in fourth place.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between August 25 and August 31.
1. [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 822 votes
2. [PS5] Final Fantasy 16 – 705 votes
3. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 647 votes
4. [NSW] Pokemon Scarlet and Violet – 594 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest 10 Offline – 567 votes
6. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 551 votes
7. [NSW] Ushiro – 283 votes
8. [NSW] Dragon Quest Treasures – 281 votes
9. [PS5] Resident Evil 4 – 270 votes
10. [PS5] Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth – 249 votes
[Via Nintendo Everything]