The weekly Famitsu charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, based on a vote held among the Japanese magazine’s readers, are in, but things are looking a little different this time than they have over the last few weeks. Since the dawn of time, Final Fantasy 7 Remake has held the top spot on the chart (barring a few weeks leading up to the Monster Hunter World launch earlier this year), but the game’s finally been displaced.
While Final Fantasy 7 Remake drops down to second place, it is replaced in the top spot by fellow upcoming Square Enix megaton RPG Kingdom Hearts 3. Meanwhile, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate continues its upward trajectory in the charts, coming in at third place. Meanwhile, Switch exclusive Octopath Traveler takes the fourth spot (remember, voting for this list was held before the game launched a couple days ago).
Other notable upcoming releases in the top 10 include Persona Q2, Code Vein (which was recently delayed, so we might see it charting a little lower in upcoming weeks), and Etrian Odyssey X, placed at number 5, 6, and 7 respectively. You can take a look at the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between June 21 and June 27.
1. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 689 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 665 votes
3. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 422 votes
4. [NSW] Octopath Traveler – 350 votes
5. [3DS] Persona Q2 – 325 votes
6. [PS4] Code Vein – 316 votes
7. [3DS] Etrian Odyssey X – 307 votes
8. [PSV] Romancing SaGa 3 – 305 votes
9. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga – 262 votes
10. [PS4] Warriors Orochi 4 – 254 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!
Share Your Thoughts Below (Always follow our comments policy!)