Some new faces break into the top 10.
In an unsurprising turn of events, Final Fantasy 7 Remake is on top of Famitsu’s weekly charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as voted by their readers. That is where it was the last week, and the week before that, and many, many more weeks preceding it. It maintains a sizeable lead over Project Sakura Wars, the game placed second, which has also been in or around the top 3 of these charts for some time now.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is placed third, but there’s a massive gulf between it and the second spot (nearly 600 votes). Meanwhile, Bandai Namco’s upcoming Tales of Arise is the next game on the list. Yakuza: Like a Dragon, which is just a little over a month away from its release in Japan, is in at No. 5, while it is followed by Team Ninja’s upcoming Souls-like action RPG, Nioh 2.
The next two places are occupied by Switch exclusives Bayonetta 3 and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel, both of which have been in the top 10 for a few weeks now, while Cyberpunk 2077 breaks into the top 10 at ninth place. Shin Megami Tensei 5 rounds out the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between November 21 and November 27.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 1,309 votes
2. [PS4] Project Sakura Wars – 1,258 votes
3. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 684 votes
4. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 569 votes
5. [PS4] Yakuza: Like a Dragon – 496 votes
6. [PS4] Nioh 2 – 447 votes
7. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 429 votes
8. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 405 votes
9. [PS4] Cyberpunk 2077 – 390 votes
10. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 331 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!