Monster Hunter World
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC
The latest Famitsu’s most wanted games chart is in.
Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has released the latest charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games, as decided by a vote amongst its readers, and the results are about what you would expect them to be. While a major game has dropped out of the ten this week in Xenoblade Chronicles 2, the other big fixtures that you would expect to see are still in there.
Final Fantasy VII Remake has retained its place at the top of the perch, a position where it has now been for several weeks running. Meanwhile, Nintendo’s upcoming megaton release Super Mario Odyssey is not far behind at #3. Monster Hunter World sits between the two games at second position, while Kingdom Hearts III is in fourth place.
Some other notable games are also included in the top 10, such as Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon at number five, Fire Emblem Warriors at tenth place, and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux just above it in ninth place.
You can check out the full top 10 below. Votes were cast by Famitsu readers between August 24 and August 30.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 519 votes
2. [PS4] Monster Hunter World – 326 votes
3. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey – 315 votes
4. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 279 votes
5. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 277 votes
6. [PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III – 260 votes
7. [PS4] City Shrouded in Shadow – 225 votes
8. [PS4] Dynasty Warriors 9 – 215 votes
9. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux – 186 votes
10. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors – 177 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!