Animal Crossing: New Horizons retains the second spot as well.
We’ve come to expect seeing Final Fantasy 7 Remake on top of Famitsu’s charts for the most highly anticipated games every week, and the RPG is top once more this week, with nearly twice as many votes as the game places behind it. Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Tales of Arise are both still in second and third place respectively, where they were last week as well. The former is probably going to be a fixture near the top of the charts for a few weeks now, with its releasing coming up.
Resident Evil 3 rises to fourth place, pushing Nioh 2 down to No. 5. Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers and Breath of the Wild’s sequel at the sixth and seventh spots both climb up one place as well, while Bayonetta 2 drops down to No. 8. Shin Megami Tensei 5 at No. 9 trades places with tenth-placed Cyberpunk 2077.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between January 16 and January 22.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy 7 Remake – 1,452 votes
2. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 766 votes
3. [PS4] Tales of Arise – 537 votes
4. [PS4] Resident Evil 3 – 491 votes
5. [PS4] Nioh 2 – 416 votes
6. [PS4] Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers – 403 votes
7. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 – 347 votes
8. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 305 votes
9. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei 5 – 276 votes
10. [PS4] Cyberpunk 2077 – 258 votes