It leads over the second placed game by over 300 points.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake has been a permanent fixture at or close to the top of Famitsu’s weekly most wanted charts, and it’s at the very top again this week, just as it was last week, with 1037 votes accrued from Famitsu readers. It’s also got a tremendous lead of over 300 votes over New Sakura Wars, the second placed game.
Pokemon Sword and Shield comes in at third place, though the gap between it and New Sakura Wars isn’t nearly as massive as the one between the top 2 games. The gap only keeps on decreasing going from here in fact, with Persona 5 Royal, the fourth placed game, trailing Pokemon by 70 votes. In fifth place, there’s Dragon Quest 11 S, while Monster Hunter World’s upcoming massive expansion, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, takes the sixth spot.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons, not due out for a good few months, comes in at seventh place, with the soon-to-release Fire Emblem: Three Houses taking the eighth spot. Death Stranding and Bayonetta 3 in ninth and tenth place respectively round out the top 10.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast between June 13 and June 19.
1. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 1,037 votes
2. [PS4] New Sakura Wars – 734 votes
3. [NSW] Pokemon Sword/Shield – 597 votes
4. [PS4] Persona 5 Royal – 527 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S – 496 votes
6. [PS4] Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – 426 votes
7. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 419 votes
8. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 379 votes
9. [PS4] Death Stranding – 352 votes
10. [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 340 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!