Once upon a time, jetpacks were rumoured to be coming to Fortnite. Obviously it seemed a little crazy but in a game with Port-A-Forts, Thanos and Guided Missiles, jetpacks may be fairly tame. Epic Games delayed the same due to unforeseen issues but it seems the wait is finally. Jetpacks are finally available in content update v4.2.
Jetpacks are a Legendary tier item and can be found in Treasure Chests. They’re a new item type slotting into the “Backpacks” category and will occupy an inventory slot. To use the jetpack, simply jump in mid-air. Targeting mode isn’t possible in this state and you’ll have a limited flying duration before the jetpack must recharge.
The jetpack’s release coincides with the new limited time mode called Close Quarters. Only shotguns are available in this mode and players will equip jetpacks to fly and fight. The match is 15 minutes in length and the storm will move more quickly in the mid to late game. Solid Gold v2 also returns and makes all weapon drops into Legendaries. Check out the patch notes below to see which drops have been buffed and where.
Weapons + Items
- Jetpack added.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Found in Treasure Chests.
- The Jetpack is the first of a new item type: Backpacks.
- Backpacks take an inventory slot (like weapons & consumables) and can be moved to different positions.
- Only one Backpack can be carried at a time.
– If you pick up a different Backpack, it will be automatically swapped with the one currently equipped.
– When a Backpack is fully consumed, it will be automatically destroyed.
– While a Backpack is equipped, your Back Bling cosmetics will be hidden.
– Back Bling will be reapplied when the Backpack is no longer equipped.
- The Jetpack is engaged by jumping while in mid-air, providing additional mobility.
– While flying, there is a limited duration it can be used before it must charge again.
– Recharge begins when the Jetpack is not in use.
– You can not enter Targeting Mode while in the air.
– On controller, using the Targeting Mode input will trigger the Jetpack.
Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold v2
- All weapon drops are legendary!
- Floor Drops: High chance of Hand Cannon & Suppressed Pistols. Low chance of Assault Rifle & Sniper Rifle.
- Chests: High chance of Assault Rifle, Minigun & Sniper Rifle. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Rocket/Grenade Launchers. No Pistols.
- Supply Drops: High chance of Rocket/Grenade Launchers, Medium chance of Sniper Rifles. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Assault Rifles. No Pistols.
- 50% extra stone and metal resources gained from farming.
- Stone Floor Drops increased to 60 per pickup.
- Metal Floor Drops increased to 90 per pickup.
- Increased drop rates of: Chug Jugs, Slurp Juice, Shields, all Special Grenades, Launch Pads and Campfires.
- Decreased drop rates of: Grenades, Spike Traps and Bandages.
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters
- Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- The only guns in this mode are the various types of Shotguns.
– Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in Chests & Supply Drops.
– Other Shotgun types are spawned as Floor Loot.
- The storm moves in more quickly than normal mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.