Epic Games’ latest patch for Fortnite seems to be causing a number of different issues. Recently, the developer decided to nerf the SMG and Compact SMG, the latter added with patch v5.10. This wouldn’t be the first time that quick nerfs have occurred – remember the almighty Thanos?
Along with accuracy bonus on the SMG and Compact SMG being reduced from 35 percent to 15 percent, damage values for both have been slightly tweaked. For instance, the Compact SMG has had its damage reduced from 23/24 to 21/22. Its fire rate has also been reduced from 11 to 10. Damage fall-off values for the SMG, Compact SMG and Silenced SMG have also been modified – range has reduced from 2400/3500/5000 to 2000/3000/4000.
If that weren’t enough, the drop rate for Rare-level SMG and Compact SMGs has been reduced a bit. EpicRook on Reddit also further confirmed that the new falloff values mean SMGs aren’t as good at breaking structures if you’re too far away. “The new falloff values apply to environmental damage as well, meaning SMGs are now less effective at destroying structures as range increases. This helps further position SMGs as close-range weapons and keeps them from edging into engagement ranges where rifles should be the most effective option.”
Check out the full patch notes below, as provided by Epic Games:
- SMG and Compact SMG accuracy bonus reduced from 35% to 15%.
- SMG damage reduced from 19/20/21 to 17/18/19.
- Compact SMG damage reduced from 23/24 to 21/22.
- SMG fire rate reduced from 13 to 12.
- Compact SMG fire rate reduced from 11 to 10.
- SMG, Compact SMG, and Silenced SMG damage falloff.
- Range reduced from 2400/3500/5000 to 2000/3000/4000.
- Percentage reduced from 100/80/65% to 100/70/40%.
- Rare SMG and Compact SMGs drop rates slightly reduced.