Gears of War 4 July Update is Now Available With Two New Maps
Bug fixes, Horde changes and more also part of new update.
The Coalition has released the latest free update for Gears of War 4, bringing two new maps to the multiplayer experience. These are Raven Down where players battle around a crashed Raven helicopter and Reclaimed Windflare which is a modified version of Reclaimed.
Reclaimed Windflare will also be available in Horde Mode but regardless of whether you’re playing PvP or co-op, windflares will show up every now and then to ruin your day. Lighting strikes, poor visibility and so on can be expected as hazard.
More content will be coming this month include a new Horde event, a 24/7 Raven Down playlist across several modes and a new Gear Pack that will have Superstar Cole and Civilian Anya as characters. There are a number of other changes being made with the latest update which you can see in the patch notes below.
What are your thoughts on Gears of War 4’s July update? Let us know in the comments below.
Gears of War 4 July Update Patch Notes
- Players shot at point-blank range in cover will no longer receive reduced damage
- Players can no longer survive under the avalanche on Avalanche
- Players can no longer capture the rings in KOTH on Avalanche from below the balconies
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to keep weapons after a change in Arms Race
- Fixed an issue where players could leave a Ranked Lobby just as they join one without being aware, resulting in a suspension
- Updated Palace Guard dialogue to match their intended voice
- Improved Oscar’s dialogue tuning to match improvements for other characters in the Rise of the Horde update
- Horde: Reduced effectiveness of spawn manipulation on Security
- Horde: The Sniper’s ‘Called Shot’ mark ability now works when using a turret
- Horde: A Scout using Cloak will not break Cloak by roadie running in cover
- Horde: Enemies killed by Explosive Headshots will no longer reset the Magic Bullet Multiplier
- Improvements to the Lightning Weapon Skin set animation
- Fixed display issues with YJeter’s Lancer Skin
- Added 21 new Country Emblems (available in Gear Packs and Craftable)
- Miscellaneous fixes and improvements