The man behind The Game Awards gives us some interesting new details.
The embargo on God of War previews have lifted and we have new details coming in from all directions. Now we have some brand new information coming from the man behind The Game Awards, Geoff Keighley. Keighley went hands on with the game, and he has some juicy information for all of us.
First of all, he revealed that he was blown away by the new direction of God of War, however it remains faithful to the series’ tradition but in an evolved manner. “I was blown away by God of War. Played first 2.5 hours last week. It’s a faithful yet deeply evolved version of the classic series across every dimension: Combat, story, puzzles and graphical prowess,” Keighley stated. He also revealed a bit about an early boss fight sequence that works totally in a different and intimate direction, and according to him it works because of the emotions involved.
He also revealed that the press got their hands on just 5% of the game (which lasted for approximately 2 and a half hours) and Keighley hopes that the remaining 95% will probably open up for Horizon Zero Dawn like gameplay.
The game releases exclusively on the PlayStation 4 on April 20th.
I was blown away by God of War. Played first 2.5 hours last week. It's a faithful yet deeply evolved version of the classic series across every dimension: Combat, story, puzzles and graphical prowess. pic.twitter.com/ntuWETIl2a— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) March 19, 2018
While the team doesn't want us sharing much on story, there's one sequence early on that takes the scale of a God of War boss fight in a totally different and more intimate direction -- and it works, because the emotion is just as big and visceral.— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) March 19, 2018
From what I was told we only played about 5% of the full game. If that's the case, this is going to be an epic on the scale of Horizon -- and with tons of weapon and skill tree upgrades, I can't wait to see how the game opens up in the other 95%.— Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) March 19, 2018