After getting leaked by a Californian Bakery shop’s onine store and even in-game, Arc System Works have finally added in their fourth DLC character into their fighting game Guilty Gear Strive. Baiken, the pink-haired female samurai, is finally available for owners of the season pass now with the fighter’s newest update.
Apart from adding the character, Arc System Works also released patch notes that detail the fixes and changes the new update brings to the game. Some of the more important ones are the inclusion of the new Combo Maker mode, which allows players to create their own combo for a character, and share the same online, which other users can download and practice with. Additionally, bugs related to Potemkin, Faust, and Happy Chaos have been fixed as well, along with some other regular upkeep.
The update is currently live for PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. To know more about the new Guilty Gear Strive update, you can read the patch notes in their entirety from the official website, or have a look at them down below.
Guilty Gear Strive Update 1.13 Patch Notes
General / Game Modes
- Added “Baiken” as a playable character.
- Added additional stage “Lap of the Kami.”
Players who have purchased “GGST Season Pass 1” will have access to this content after the update patch is applied on January 28. Individual sales for the PS4 and PS5 versions will begin on January 31. Individual sales for the Steam version will begin on January 28.
- Added Baiken’s BGM, “Mirror of the World.” Baiken must be selectable in order to use the BGM.
- Added avatar items for Baiken.
- The new avatar items can be obtained via “fishing.”
- Added pre-release countdown illustrations to Gallery Mode.
- The new illustrations can be viewed after obtaining them via “fishing.”
- Fixed a bug where, during matchmaking in Training Mode with the training environment set to “Previous Match,” the player character will sometimes be changed to the opponent’s character.
- Fixed a bug where the level displayed above avatars would be displayed incorrectly.
- Added “Combo Maker,” a new mode where players can create original combos and setplay.
- This mode can be selected via “Offline” > “Combo” at the main menu.
- A network connection is required to upload/download combos and setplay.
- Psych Burst now refills to max when resetting positions with Psych Burst set to “Normal.”
- Changed command displays for the combo recipe display in Training Mode.
- No longer subject to combo blow-back scaling when the projectile part of Giganter Kai hits the opponent.
- Fixed a bug where the hitbox of the banana item generated via What Could This Be? and W-W-What Could This Be? would sometimes remain after the item disappeared.
- Fixed a bug where when using At the Ready under certain circumstances, it was impossible to ready the gun or fire even after inputting HS.
- Fixed a bug where when readying the gun with Steady Aim, the gun would remain readied even after Chaos took damage and the damage state ended.
- Fixed a bug where when using Steady Aim under certain circumstances, it was impossible to cancel into special moves or fire.
- Changed the visual effect for Happy Chaos’s gun attacks. No change has been made to their battle function.