Famitsu has released its latest weekly data for hardware and physical software sales in Japan, and once again, there has been some interesting movement in the charts. One area where there hasn’t been any movements is the top of the software charts, where Splatoon 3 occupies the No. 1 spot for the ninth consecutive week, having sat their since its launch in September. It sold over 51,000 units last week.
The next couple of positions are occupied by new releases, though neither have seen particularly impressive sales. Square Enix’s farming sim action RPG Harvestella has enjoyed a modest debut, selling over 26,000 units at launch. Meanwhile, Bandai Namco continues to have poor luck with sales on the Switch, with Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom’s Switch version taking the No. 3 spot, having sold just over 11,000 units.
Bayonetta 3 and the Switch version of Persona 5 Royal, both of which debuted in the previous week’s charts, both had decent second weeks, sitting in fourth and fifth place with over 10,000 units sold and over 7,000 units sold.
On the hardware side of things, the pendulum has swung back in favour of the Switch, predictably enough, with Nintendo’s platform selling over 90,000 units over the course of the week. The PS5 trails behind it by a significant margin, having sold over 13,000 units.
You can check out the full Japanese physical software and hardware sales charts for the week ending October 30 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Splatoon 3 – 51,715 (3,287,416)
- [NSW] Harvestella – 26,644 (New)
- [NSW] Doraemon Story of Seasons: Friends of the Great Kingdom – 11,278 (New)
- [NSW] Bayonetta 3 – 10,103 (51,388)
- [NSW] Persona 5 Royal – 7,791 (65,829)
- [NSW] Dragon Quest X: Rise of the Five Tribes Offline – 7,781 (218,732)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 7,602 (2,840,716)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7,501 (4,891,234)
- [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II – 7,351 (31,722)
- [NSW] Ace Angler: Fishing Spirits – 6,854 (30,151)
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales):
- Nintendo Switch – 90,478(38,634)
- PS5 – 13,274 (38,866)
- Xbox Series X/S – 3,113 (3,674)