Here Is How You Can Minimize the Chances of Your PS4 Getting Bricked
A few simple steps to protect your PS4.
With some users facing issues with the PlayStation 4, its time for other consumers to take note and handle the system with care. There have been several reports of black screens, possible GPU failure and PlayStation 4 getting bricked. However, these issues can be avoided altogether if you get install the update the right way.
The guide below will minimize the chances of your PS4 getting bricked.
- Right now, download the backup software and the software update from us.playstation.com and copy them to a USB drive.
- The relevant links are: 800+MB Update and 300MB Update
- Make sure that on your flash drive you create a folder called PS4 and drop the 800+ update there, and then create a folder under PS4 called UPDATE (ALL CAPS) and drop the 300 MB there.
- After hooking up the PS4 and before starting to play (I know most of you will want to skip this step, I recommend you don’t), update the software.
- Do not turn off your PS4 or unplug it. Wait for the update to be completed.
- Activate your account and set up your network.
- If you face any problem, do not attempt to solve it on your own. Find technical help on the PlayStation forums.
Let us know in the comments section below if you are having trouble with your PlayStation 4 and how you managed to solve them. The PlayStation 4 launches in a couple of hours across North America.