Hideo Kojima and his team at Kojima Productions put out their debut title, Death Stranding, in 2019, followed by a Director’s Cut re-release last year, but as more time has passed, questions about what the studio is working on next have become more common. While we still don’t have enough clarity on that front, it seems we might have an important new piece of information.
Kojima recently tweeted out an image of his studio, and it didn’t take long for people to start zooming in and noticing some of the not-so-obvious details. One of these shows a PS5 development kit, suggesting the studio is still working on something for the console.
Of course, the aforementioned Death Stranding Director’s Cut was made for the PS5, so it makes that the studio has a dev kit for the console out and about. And as recent events have shown us, it’s not always wise to take Kojima’s tweets at face value.
That said, back in August last year, Death Stranding-starring actor Norman Reedus said that a sequel was “in negotiations”, and a picture tweeted out not long afterward also hinted at a sequel being in the works.
Interestingly, it was also claimed in October that Kojima Productions was working on a new Silent Hill game funded by Sony. Recent reports, meanwhile, have insisted that the studio is on the verge of signing a deal with Microsoft that will see Kojima Productions making a cloud-native Xbox-exclusive title.
— 小島秀夫 (@Kojima_Hideo) April 24, 2022
— Lifetime (@kyrielifetime) April 24, 2022