Guerrilla’s great post launch support for the game continues.
Guerrilla Games have released a brand new patch for their open world action RPG Horizon: Zero Dawn. Update 1.33 fixes a few more outstanding bugs with the game, while also adding the option to save your game manually from a previous file when starting a new game.
Effectively, this means that players don’t lose progress this way when starting a new file. That apart, bugs, including progression issues, have also been addressed by this update. On the other hand, it seems as though patch 1.33 introduces a crash that occurs for certain players when trying to load a save where the player had an opened treasure box in their inventory containing a modification and other items. Guerrilla Games has acknowledged the issue, and promised that it is working on a fix.
Even so, it’s great to see them remain so committed to an already exemplarily polished open world game. Horizon: Zero Dawn is available on the PS4 worldwide; its first expansion, The Frozen Wildlands, launches worldwide on November 7.
• Implemented an option to allow making a manual save from a previous Game when starting a New Game to avoid losing progress.
• Fixed an issue where for some players Tearblast Arrows incorrectly deal extra Tear damage on Ultra Hard.
• Fixed an issue where some players were able to reroll Special Modification Boxes by saving and reloading.
PROGRESSION ISSUES FIXES
• Fixed an issue in ‘The Womb of the Mountain’ when playing on Story difficulty where some players were able to kill the Corruptor outside of the gate, blocking progression because the player is not able to interact with it to continue the quest.
Please download Horizon Zero Dawn patch 1.33 and let us know what you think. We’ll continue to work on further fixes for and enhancements to the game based on your comments. In the meantime, keep an eye on this space for the latest Horizon Zero Dawn news and updates!
– Update: Unfortunately patch 1.33 introduced a crash that would occur for certain players when trying to load a save where the player had an opened treasure box in their inventory containing a modification and other items. We are currently working on a fix for this issue.