Horizon Zero Dawn PC 1.03 Patch Is Live Now, Has Fixes For Crashing, Snow Deformation, And More
More fixes for the problematic PC port.
It was big news when it was announced that Horizon Zero Dawn would be coming to the PC. The game is a first party title from Sony, and is one of the first major releases the company has allowed to come to the platform. But unfortunately, while the core of Guerrilla Games’ open world title was intact, the port was plagued by a variety of technical issues. Since its launch, multiple patches have been released for it, and now we have another one to try and fix even more.
The newest patch, 1.03, addresses multiple issues. Probably the biggest one is a multitude of different types of crashes you’ll potentially encounter related to the GPU, AI, and more. There’s also other thing here, such as fixing the snow deformation that wasn’t working properly in the Frozen Wilds area, progression problems, 4K scaling, and a lot more. You can see the patch notes below, or read them through here.
Horizon Zero Dawn is available now on PlayStation 4 and PC. The 1.03 patch for PC is live now. The developer has said fixing the PC version is one of their highest priorities, so most likely more updates will come.
- Fixed a GPU resource leak which could build up over time and cause instability.
- Fixed a GPU hang that caused a crash that could occur when Asynchronous Compute was used.
- Fixed a crash when AI would try to aim at an invalid position.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when sound obstruction was calculated in highly detailed areas.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when moving the game to a monitor with different DPI settings while in the menu.
- Fixed an issue where some players would crash on startup due to incorrect memory allocation.
- Fixed a GPU hang that would occur when the window was resized to a very small size.
- Fixed a progression issue where some players would remain a child and not transition to adult Aloy.
- Fixed an issue where snow deformation was not working correctly in the Frozen Wilds area.
- Fixed an issue where the Concentration skill could stop working.
- 4K Scaling – Fixed an issue where the game wouldn’t render at 4K properly on boot.
- Frame Rate Limiter – Improved Frame Rate Limiter functionality to be more accurate.
- Localization – Localized specific error messages.
- Windows Version Check – The game checks if Windows 10 Build 1809 or above is used (lower versions cause instability in DirectX 12).
- Minimum Spec Warning – Improved minimum spec warning message and options.
- Saving Issue Warning – Clarified text that is displayed when you do not have access to your My document folder or enough disk space.
- Player Profile Validation – The player profile is now validated and corrupt profiles (caused by manual editing or tweak tools) rejected.