As one of the biggest and most highly regarded games to have been released on the PS4 this generation, Horizon Zero Dawn’s PC release was a major deal – not least because of the game’s nature as a Sony first party title – and something that many were looking forward to. Its launch did not go as planned, unfortunately, with many players facing several issues with crashing, glitches, frame rate drops, and more. Guerrilla Games have said that they’ve made addressing these issues their highest priority, and they’ve now released a new patch for the PC port to start that process.
Over on Twitter, Guerrilla Games have stated that patch 1.01, which is available to download now, is a “small initial patch”, and that the next patch that will address more issues being faced by players is already being worked on. What exactly does this current patch fix though? Well, not a whole lot. Patch notes have been released on Reddit, and they mention fixes for one crashing issue and a few functionality issues.
That said, Guerrilla Games have also listed the known issues that they are working on right now and have identified as “high-priority” issues, and these do mention some major problems, such as GPU-related hangs, issues with graphical settings, startup crashes, performance slowdowns, and more.
Horizon Zero Dawn is out now for PS4 and PC. You can view the full update notes for the PC version’s patch 1.01 below.
PATCH 1.01 UPDATE NOES:
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the SteamUI didn’t initialize properly on startup.
Functionality Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Concentration and other slowdown mechanics wouldn’t work for everyone.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving the game. We are still investigating other saved game issues as well.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving screenshots in Photo Mode.
- Added improved diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
- Fixed several backend issues.
- Fixed a video corruption issue for specific hardware. We’re continuing to look at other hardware configurations as well.
Patch 1.01 for Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for PC is live now. Find the patch notes here: https://t.co/zncfbrzdtG
— Guerrilla (@Guerrilla) August 14, 2020