Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Publisher: Square Enix
Developer: Square Enix
The top 5 is dominated almost entirely by Square Enix games.
The latest Famitsu charts for the most highly anticipated upcoming games are in, and the top 5 is almost completely dominated by Square Enix titles. With the exception of Capcom’s remake of Resident Evil 2, which is placed third, all other games in the top 5 are made by Square Enix. In first place is Kingdom Hearts 3, whose highly anticipated launch is getting ever closer, while Final Fantasy 7 Remake, which has been in the news a lot more lately, takes the second spot.
Meanwhile, Dragon Quest Builders 2, which is very close to its Japanese release, gets two spots in the top 5, with the PS4 version coming in at number 4, and the Nintendo Switch version following close behind in fifth place.
Outside of the top 5, there are a couple of notable new entries in the top 10. Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch, which is currently scheduled for a 2019 release, is placed number seven, with Fire Emblem: Three Houses coming in at number 10. Fellow Switch exclusive Shin Megami Tensei V also gets some love, coming in at number 8.
You can check out the full top 10 below. All votes were cast by Famitsu readers between November 21 and November 28.
1. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts III – 906 votes
2. [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake – 862 votes
3. [PS4] Resident Evil 2 – 596 votes
4. [PS4] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 403 votes
5. [NSW] Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 315 votes
6. [PS4] Devil May Cry 5 – 295 votes
7. [NSW] Animal Crossing – 286 votes
8. [NSW] Shin Megami Tensei V – 284 votes
9. [PS4] Catherine: Full Body – 272 votes
10. [NSW] Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 239 votes
Thanks, Nintendo Everything!