Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Patch Brings Character Changes, Bug Fixes on October 16th
Dante, Captain America and more will be receiving bug fixes
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite may not have performed as well in sales as Capcom might have liked but the publisher continues to support the crossover fighting game. It’s announced a patch for next week that will fix a number of bugs relating to, for example, connection errors that occurred when performing continuous grabs in an online match.
Though most of the update’s features will release for PS4 and PC on October 16th and arriving for Xbox One later, all of the character changes will go live across the three platforms simultaneously. Character changes include bug fixes for Dante, Captain America, Doctor Strange and Dormammu. You can check out the full patch notes below to see what’s changing with your favourite (or most hated) characters.
It’s also worth noting that characters like Black Panther, Monster Hunter and Sigma will be available on October 17th to those who purchased the 2017 Character Pass. You can purchase them separately for $7.99 each and receive their premium costumes as well.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Patch
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to block during the last frame of crouching block recovery.
- Fixed an issue that caused a connection error to occur when continuously performing successful grabs in an online match.
- Increased throw invincibility during air recovery from 3F to 5F.
- Fixed comboing into another combo using the Mind Surge throw.
- When an opponent has been hit by three special “grab” projectiles in a single combo, they will automatically be affected by a spiral hit stun, causing them to be invincible and sent into the air. Players can also counter tag out of these attacks.
- Spider-Man – LP/HP Web Ball (including air versions)
- Frank – LK/HK Hammer Throw
- Can perform air recovery in eight directions when recovering from certain unique hits in the air.
- Dante – Bee Hive
- Chun-Li – Spinning Bird Kick (including air version), Kikosho, Hoyokusen
- Chris – Sweep Combo
- Doctor Strange – Bolts of Balthakk
Characters changes (all platforms)
Dante: Fixed a bug when taking damage during Tempest that caused Dante’s position to change from the location where he took that damage.
- Fixed bug(s) so that properties of moves without the shield match those with the shield. (ex: forward jumping during forward ground dash without the shield did not have dash momentum)
- Fixed a bug causing backflip (without shield) to be invincible from start up.
- Fixed a bug that caused his back ground throw to not do damage and had a shorter knockback distance.
- Fixed a bug where jumping forward during a back ground dash (with shield) had dash momentum.
- Fixed a bug that caused him to not face the opponent when behind them while activating Charging Star and Hyper Charging Star.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Dark Hole with Flight.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel Dark Spell: Creation after LK/HK Purification with Flight.
- Fixed bug where when there are 3 Graces of Hoggoth HP traps on screen and Flames of the Faltine is used from a higher position, the fired laser VFX disappears.
- Fixed bug causing one Grace of Hoggoth to remain on screen after activating Flames of the Faltine in certain situations.