Capcom’s newest content update for Monster Hunter Rise is now available. Update Ver. 3.0 is notable for adding Crimson Glow Valstrax, a variant of the flagship monster from Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, and Apex Zinogre. There’s also a new ending and story elements with a new threat that seemingly awaits.
According to the patch notes, a new combat locale has been added (which could be the arena for the new “final” boss). New monsters like Apex Zinogre will also appear in the Rampage while new skills and Rampage Skills have been added. Given the new monsters, you can also expect new weapon trees, armor and layered armor to craft.
New Guild Card awards have also been available along with new DLC in the eShop. There are also the requisite bug fixes and improvements – check out the full patch notes here for more details. Capcom recently confirmed that three Capcom Collab events (including one with Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin) would be out in the coming months along with new quests so stay tuned.
Main Additions / Changes
- Added story elements
- New monsters will appear in Hub quests.
- New monsters will appear in the Rampage.
- New quests will be available.
- A new combat locale will be available.
- New weapon trees, armor, and layered armor will be available.
- New skills and Rampage Skills will be available.
- You can change the appearance of Rampage weapons using certain materials.
Note: The above items will be unlocked when certain conditions are met.
Added system elements
- New Guild Card awards will be available.
- New downloadable content can be purchased from Nintendo eShop.