Monster Hunter World Gets Massive Update on PC, Brings QOL Fixes, Bug Fixes, and More
Localization fixes, tweaks to various weapons, general bug fixes, and a lot more.
Capcom have been updating Monster Hunter World on PC with a steady stream of post launch updates adding all sorts of fixes to a game that launched in a rather shoddy state at release. The newest update for the game is now out, and it is absolutely massive.
The update brings the version number of the game to 154766. That’s absolutely meaningless to you, so let’s not dwell on that. Instead, let’s spend some time figuring out what all this update entails. First, you get a free character edit voucher. You can use it to edit how your character looks, but only use it once (you’ll have to buy more ones with real money) so use it well.
Next up, you get localization fixes, options for motion blur, a skip option, and goodness, there’s a lot of new content. There’s actually a whole lot going on in this update. In a previous report, we covered some of the most major additions that have been made to with this update, including the Autumn Harvest Festival- you can read more on that through here. For the rest of the changes brought about to the patch, you can find the patch notes below.
Monster Hunter World is out now on PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Monster Hunter World Patch October 4th Release Notes
- Traffic and matchmaking server load have been reduced.
- A function was added to config.ini in the Monster Hunter World folder to generate dump files.
- A bug was fixed where the game would get stuck in a search loop when using the Matchmake function to look for an online session.
- A bug was fixed where NPC dialogue would close automatically when the Hunting Horn’s Health Boost (S) effect runs out. This fix prevents the Grimalkyne cutscene event in the Coral Highlands from getting stuck.
- A bug was fixed where updated data between players differed when a player talks to the NPCs at the Resource Center when the limited bounties are being updated.
- The height on Vaal Hazak’s field of view settings have been tweaked.
- A bug was fixed where it appeared (to players on the guest side of multiplayer) that monsters were sliding when knocked down on a slope and the down animation was replaced by a paralysis animation or similar.
- Lavasioth’s monster field guide data has been fixed to match the game parameters.
Physiology: “Chest: Breakable” was fixed to “Back: Breakable”
Rewards: “Chest Broken” was fixed to “Back Broken”
- A bug was fixed where the “Reload” message would not appear when switching from a Light/Heavy Bowgun to a Gunlance during a quest.
- A bug was fixed where sharpness level would not actually change when switching to equipment with the Handicraft skill equipped during a quest. Sharpness level will now go to its maximum level, accounting for the Handicraft skill.
- A bug was fixed where the item window order would change unintentionally if the player switched between two equipment loadouts where the first specialized tool for Loadout A was the same as the second specialized tool for Loadout B.
- A bug was fixed where, under certain circumstances when changing the color of layered armor, the color icon would disappear from all body parts except for the head when “Change All” was highlighted by the cursor.
- A bug was fixed where, under certain circumstances when placing Large Barrel Bombs, the number of Large Barrel Bombs on screen would differ between the Host and the Guest.
- A change was made so that recipient settings are reset when a player set as a recipient leaves the online session.
- A bug was fixed where multiple chat windows would be displayed on top of each other when receiving a large number of messages while navigating the start menu or any of the facilities.
- A bug was fixed where icons on the wildlife map would not be properly enlarged when clicking on them with a mouse.
- A bug was fixed where some controls would not be properly displayed when switching control devices on a chat window.
- A bug was fixed where an unnecessary error code would be displayed on the results screen after finishing a quest.
- A bug was fixed where, when starting with the spacebar on a text entry screen, the space would be inserted to the right of the cursor.
- A bug was fixed where, when the Host for a quest is changed, other players would not be able to join the new Host’s quest or online session.
- A bug was fixed where the game would freeze right after being launched on certain PCs.
- A bug was fixed where the window would be framed even in full screen mode on certain PCs.
- A bug was fixed where Guests would go offline if the Host was disconnected during a quest.
- A bug was fixed where some environments would appear corrupted when the Max LOD Level under the Advanced Graphics Settings was set to -1.
- A bug was fixed where the player would be able to move the camera vertically quicker than usual when using a ballista with the mouse camera controls set to type 2.
- A message was added to tell players they cannot use limited bounties offline when opening the Resource Center menu while Steam is offline.
- A bug was fixed where error code 5098f-MW1 would be displayed on the Guest’s side if the Host selected Quit Game during an online session.
- A bug was fixed where the game would crash when checking your primary group during a quest.
- Various other bug fixes.
Combat Bug Fixes:
A bug was fixed where holding the right trigger while landing after the 2nd stage of a Plunging Thrust (after comboing into it from a Rising Slash after a slide) would not transition into a guard.
The behavior of the camera during Tackle I and II wasn’t going back to normal when the action finished, resulting in unforeseen behavior. They have now been fixed to match the behavior of the camera from Tackle III.
A bug was fixed where Spirit Blade would be performed on its own when, after the player fails to connect with Foresight Slash, the right trigger input would remain in the input buffer and execute after a side dodge was performed.
A bug was fixed where the Spirit Gauge would not decrease and damage would not increase when Jumping Spirit Blade III connected on a target with the Spirit Gauge at red. Damage will now be increased, with the Spirit Gauge being correctly consumed.
A bug was fixed where a Mid Thrust would occur if you attempted a Guard Dash after a Counter-thrust.
A bug was fixed where a forward Guard Dash would occur regardless of the direction pushed.
A bug was fixed where a Guard Dash would not work if the player preemptively input the Guard Dash when the player and the direction pushed were completely the same.
A bug was fixed where a Charged Upswing would be performed when charging and attempting to perform a Spinning Strong Upswing while moving down a slope (before the player begins to slide).
A bug was fixed where Directional Control Type 2 would not work properly when pressing forward during the Switch Axe’s Overhead Slash.
A bug was fixed where Wild Swing’s attack hitbox would disappear mid-attack when the timing to press Y to perform Axe: Overhead Slash was too fast.
A bug was fixed where the phial gauge would not replenish when using a whetstone while the weapon was sheathed.
A bug was fixed where the axe would continue to rotate when canceling from Super Amped Element Discharge to Amped Element Discharge with no phials stocked.
A bug was fixed where the connecting animation would not play and instead an attack would be performed when canceling the last half of a recovery animation (knockback, blow back, etc.) with Amped Element Discharge or Super Amped Element Discharge.
A bug related to Strong Jumping Advancing Slash was fixed where only the final attack would be receive the benefits from the Airborne skill. Now all attacks within the move will receive the skill buff.
A bug was fixed where Dragon Piercer would fire outside the intended range when the reticle was moved out of range the moment Dragon Piercer is fired, and the player tries to aim the bow.
A bug was fixed where usable time for mantles would decrease during animations such as sniffing tracks. It has now been fixed so that a mantle’s usable time will not decrease when standing still, which was the original intent.
A bug was fixed where the effective time of a Cool Drink would be overwritten by a player using a Cool Drink with the Wide-Range skill active, without checking the current Cool Drink effective time. It has now been fixed so it will only be overwritten only when prolonging the effect of the item.
A bug was fixed where the effect of Might Seeds, etc. would be overwritten by a weak effect produced by a low level Wide-Range skill given to the player by a Palico. It has been fixed so it will only be overwritten when the effect is larger than the one already applied. (Players were only able recreate this bug with the above Cool Drink bug)
A bug was fixed where EZ Lifepowder’s effective range was smaller than a regular Lifepowder. It has now been increased to match the regular Lifepowder’s effective range.
A bug was fixed where the target camera would target another monster by itself when a targeted slain monster’s body disappeared during multi-monster slay quests.
Localization Bug Fixes:
- A bug was fixed where, when playing the game in Arabic, after the Grimalkynes perform their assist move in the Ancient Forest the game would freeze.
- In Italian, the translation for Quick Shot and Dashing Shot were the same. The translation for Dashing Shot has now been updated.
Tiro Rapido???Tiro in corsa
- In French, the translation for Lunastra and Teostra’s bond attack contained an unintended translation. It has been fixed as follows.
“Super nova !” changed to “Union avec la Lunastra !”
“Hyper nova !” changed to “Union avec le Teostra !”
- A bug was fixed where, depending on the combination of language settings and weapon types, the button prompts would exceed the limit of the text window if the text size was set to large.
- A bug was fixed where other players’ online IDs would not be properly displayed on the Quest Join screen in certain languages.
- A bug was fixed where text would overlap in Russian when assigning items with long names to keyboard shortcuts.
- A bug was fixed where other players’ online IDs would not be properly displayed on the Recently Played screen in certain languages.
- An adjustment was made to the Polish localization to ensure that the text for mouse camera controls is consistent with other menu items.