Publisher: 2K Games
Developer: Gearbox Software
Platforms: PS4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia
Daemon X Machina debuts in fourth place.
The data for video game software and hardware sales in Japan during the week ending September 15 is now out, courtesy of Famitsu. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, which debuted on top of the charts last week (to absolutely no one’s surprise) has retained its position this week as well. The Master Edition, which includes the base game and the new expansion, has sold in excess of 74,000 units, and impressive figure for a game in its second week. meanwhile, the expansion’s digital version on the PS Store has sold over 11,000 units.
There are plenty of new entries in the top 5, though. eFootball PES 2020 has come in at second place right at launch, selling over 58,000 units. Meanwhile, Gearbox Software’s looter shooter Borderlands 3 debuts in third place, with over 36,000 units sold. Nintendo Switch exclusive Daemon X Machina’s mech-on-mech action has also unsurprisingly appealed to Japanese audiences, with the game taking the fourth spot in its debut week.
On the hardware front, things mostly remain the same as last week. The Switch is still the highest selling console, as it almost always is now, selling over 51,000 units, down from over 77,000 last week. The PS4, meanwhile, has moved over 27,000 units, dow from last week’s figures of 33,000 units. You can check out the full software and hardware charts below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales)
01. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World – Iceborne Master Edition – 74.165 / 280.321
02. [PS4] eFootball Winning Eleven 2020 – 58.264 / NEW
03. [PS4] Borderlands 3 – 36.036 / NEW
04. [NSW] Daemon X Machina – 28.149 / NEW
05. [NSW] Super Mario Maker 2 – 14.512 / 614.809
06. [PS4} Monster Hunter: World – Iceborne (PS Store Download Version) – 11.042 / 55.202
07. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 10.298 / 3.254.114
08. [NSW] Fishing Spirits: Nintendo Switch Version – 8.884 / 162.038
09. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 8.568 / 2.449.023
10. [NSW] Minecraft – 8.051 / 923.522
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch – 51.619 (77.392)
PS4 – 27.437 (33.728)
Xbox One – 97 (65)
3DS – 1.849 (1.518)
PS Vita – 42 (34)