As outlined in its roadmap, Digital Sun Games has delivered another free update for its action RPG/item shop manager Moonlighter. This one adds a whopping 100 room patterns along with a new hazard for Will to deal with – puddles.
Depending on the dungeon players enter, puddles can poison, burn and electrify him. Rooms without puddles are still a thing so don’t worry. Those harping on about not being able to kill bosses again can enter the new post-boss room. This is essentially a chamber that’s teeming with monsters but also challenges you to finish it quickly. Do so and up to three chests of different rarities will unlock and offer tons of loot.
Other quality-of-life changes include armour having different aesthetics with each upgrade; Enchanted weapons having distinct particle FX to better distinguish them; new in-game tutorials for describing how new features and shop upgrades work; and much more. Moonlighter will be adding other updates like new items, Dimensional Weapons, New Game Plus, a custom game mode option and much more so stay tuned.
Check out the patch notes below:
100 new rooms!
We have added 100 more room patterns to the game! We’ve also introduced another brand new element to the mix: the puddles. They are going to poison Will in the forest, burn him in the Desert and electrify his hero-wannabe guts in the Tech dungeon. This new element has given us more possibilities to design new rooms. Poor Will… No worries, though – we have also added more rooms without puddles!
Special post-boss room
From now on, after defeating Boss in a dungeon – you can re-enter his chamber to find it crawling with monsters! This new room will provide an extra challenge – beat it quick enough to unlock all three chests. The chest timer will stop whenever you kill ALL the enemies. So, if you’re a slowpoke – only one or two chests will be unlocked for you. Only true Heroes deserve the most handsome rewards!
New armour skins
Now, every time you decide (and you should!) to upgrade a piece of armour it will have a different aesthetic associated with the dungeon, also the armour icon will be different.
New visual effects for enchanted weapons
We’ve added new particle FX for enchanted weapons that are triggering whenever you use the weapon. The FX has 3 different levels that are associated with each enchantment level. So, the more enchanted weapon – the cooler it becomes! On top of that, we’ve added a little glint effect that it is applied to the icon of an enchanted weapon inside the inventory, so you can identify enchanted weapons easier.
New in-game tutorials
We have added these scrolls that will appear whenever you upgrade your shop and some kind of new feature appears. We’ve prepared these new tutorials for:
- Decoration items (Shop level 2)
- Wealthy customers (Shop level 2)
- Quests (Shop level 3)
- Crystal showcases (Shop level 3)
- Shop Helper (Shop level 4)
DLC Backer Weapon
It is finally here: a special weapon we designed for Kickstarter backers (again: thank you SO much for supporting us back in the day)! It is a very unique Supporter Bow! What’s very cool about it – is that Blacksmith can upgrade this weapon for you – so it won’t become obsolete in the subsequent dungeons.
QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES
- Adding Skip button in starting cutscene
- Removed tourist bubble icon. Tourists and rich people work basically the same – so there is no point to differentiate them from the UI-standpoint.
- Soft lock upon starting a new game by overwriting previous save
- Inconsistency in Banker’s prices
- No longer possible to open Inventory during Intro cutscene
- Updated Chinese and Japanese translations
- FPS Drop after resuming game from an extended “soak” on pause menu
- Soft lock after finishing credits that were opened during gameplay
- Random crash after publisher screen
- No longer possible to open chest during “waking up” animation
- Exclamation mark remaining above NPC even after everything was “read”
- PS4 Touchpad button instead of Xbox “View” button on Map binding
- GUI was not refreshing upon swapping held items in the inventory
- Overlapping buttons in options when opened for the first time
- Cursor no longer goes back to the top of the list after crafting something at the Blacksmith
- It was not being possible to enchant items that were placed in bedside chest
- Credits texts overlapped with button prompts in Russian and German
- Issues with the cursor in multi-paged bedside chest
- Soft lock upon pausing game during Merchant Emblem tutorial
- Dungeon blocker after killing first monster mini-wave before the second appears in Enemy Waves Secret room
- No longer possible to open inventory between two stages of the final boss fight
- Crash on picking up an item that was dropped on death in Tutorial Dungeon
- Skeletons were looking intact upon returning to the room again
Shop oriented fixes:
- Notebook prices were not recorded if the item before patching to 1.6 was sold for a cheaper price than after the update
- Items from the previous sale were displayed on sales summary if the game was quit before closing shop
- No longer possible to receive two quests requesting the same item