Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden Receives Free Challenge Mode on PC, DRM Removed
Take on new enemy types in existing maps with (almost) every tool available.
Funcom’s Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden has received some interesting new content on PC with Stalker Trials. If you own the turn-based tactical strategy game on Steam, then simply patch it to receive the free content. The developer has also announced the removal of DRM, along with other fixes.
As for Stalker Trials, it’s essentially a challenge mode of sorts. The existing maps have received new enemy types and challenges to complete. While your skills will be tested, every character, mutation, and skill is available. Head over to the Zone and meet Pripp the bartender whenever possible – he’ll provide updates on your performance.
Perform specific actions and Pripp will bestow bonuses and multipliers. Leaderboards are also enabled, so you can measure your success against other players. Those who top the weekly and all-time leaderboards will get a special NPC with their name that others can hunt down. Check out the full patch notes for the update below:
STALKER TRIALS ARE NOW AVAILABLE
- A series of challenging map remixes with leaderboards
- Compete worldwide to see who is officially the best stalker.
- Added dialogue for chest opening.
- Additional options
- Mouse sensitivity slider
- Subtitle size slider
- Motion blur slider
- Crash fix when returning to the dirty old man after finding his stashes.
- Fixed all reported instances of crew getting stuck in levels.
- Crash fix for rare chain lightning issue.
- Improved mouse focus for multi-screen setups.
- Fixed issue that made it impossible to throw grenades from the inside to the outside of train carts
- Fixed issue where killing with a mind-controlled unit could cause the next unit to loose its turn
- Melee attacks with possessed units now always cause the same damage as they would have being on the other team.
- Fixed issue that allowed Tank Ghouls to charge cloaked units
- Fixed issue where player would lose an action point when being caught sneaking
- Fixed issue with molotovs thrown onto train roofs
- Fixed issue that would cause Zone Dogs to be stuck in midair when knocked off certain buildings.
- Fixed reported instances of enemies shooting through walls
- Skull countdown icons removed from character portraits. Didn’t really work well and added clutter.
- 25% Penalty removed from kneeshot
- Melee health bars are now working correctly
- Achievement fixes
- DRM is disabled
- Many other small fixes and tweaks