After reversing its stance on cross-region transfers for players (and garnering backlash for the same), server transfers are now live in Amazon Game Studios’ New World. This applies to US East and West, AP Southeast, Central Europe and South America but there are plans to release it for all regions over time.
The server transfer feature allows for moving one’s character to any world within their region. The only exceptions are full worlds, worlds undergoing maintenance or worlds where a character already exists. To thank fans for their patience in light of launch queue times, the developer is giving everyone “The Stoic” in-game title and the “Waiting” emote for free.
But what about cross-region transfers? Thankfully, that’s in the works, though it won’t be part of the current wave of transfers. The development team noted in this updated forum post that it was “coming as soon as we can get it completed.” Stay tuned for more details and in the meantime, check out some of update 1.0.3’s details below. Full update notes can be found here.
- Implemented final pieces of the server transfer framework.
- Added improvements to the World selection UI.
- Added clearer messaging when a player is kicked due to going AFK or violating the EAC.
- Added clearer messaging when stacked discounts are present, such as territory standing and faction discounts on property taxes.
- Implemented back-end changes to help our team investigate concerns around the client performance in War.
- Adjusted the respawn timer on Boatswain Ambrose and various other elite enemies throughout the world.
- In The Depths, Players must now be in the arena to damage Thorpe.
- An error message now appears when players attempt to buy their own items in the Trading Post.
- Reverted a chest/loot change from update 1.0.2 that was causing too many refining reagents to roll from chests.
- Adjusted the volume on the Amazon Games splash screen.
- Armor is now limited to 1 weapon mastery perk on a single item. Previously, you could have perks for different weapons. Weapon mastery perks will not be removed from items that existed before this update.
- Added general performance improvements for visual artifacts and graphics settings.
- Dyes are now removed from items upon trade with a warning message present.
- The Time to Declare War” timer now visually pauses to make it clear when an Invasion is imminent but not yet scheduled. Territory remains in a Conflict state after Invasions, and War can be declared.