Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition PC Patch Improves Frame Rate Performance
Several issues related to mouse sensitivity, crashes, and so on have been addressed.
The first major patch for Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition on PC has rolled out and contains a number of welcome fixes. Along with providing players the option to remap the confirmation button, it also fixes some issues related to lock-on and mouse sensitivity. An issue that caused frame rate drops to occur when “Effects” was set to “High” has also been alleviated.
Of course, the frame rate issue hasn’t been completely fixed by Team Ninja continues to investigate its cause. One issue that prevented the selection of some resolutions and thus caused the game screen to be cut off has also been fixed. Check out the full update notes below.
Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition launched last week for PS4 and PC while The Nioh Collection arrived on PS5. Though the overall game has been praised, PC players reported a number of issues related to performance. One remaining issue involves the lack of keyboard button prompts when playing with mouse and keyboard – this will be addressed in a later patch so stay tuned.
Nioh 2 – The Complete Edition: Version 1.25.1 Patch Notes
- The confirmation button can now be changed from “Controls”.
- Fixed an issue where the lock-on target would switch when the mouse was moved, even if the “Move Camera/Switch Lock-On Target” setting was changed to an option other than “Move Mouse” in “Keyboard & Mouse Settings”.
- Fixed an issue where the mouse sensitivity could become so high that it became impossible to change the settings.
- Fixed an issue which sometimes prevented the selection of certain resolutions and caused the game screen to be cut off due to the Windows settings.
- Fixed an issue which made the game prone to crashing in certain environments.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when displaying the descriptions of equipment special effects.
- Alleviated the issue where the frame rate tended to drop when “Effect Quality” was set to “High” in “Graphics Settings”. We are continuing to investigate and address this issue.
- Reduced the tendency for the game to run slowly when certain attacks hit the walls.
- Fixed an issue that caused black bars to appear on the left and right sides of the screen during multiplayer on ultra-wide monitors.