Luigi's Mansion 3
Developer: Next Level Games
Platforms: Nintendo Switch
Switch’s hardware sales also see a massive boost.
It was a big week in Japan for both, software and hardware sales, and Famitsu’s latest weekly data shows that in spades. Persona 5 Royal came out in Japan last week, and as you may have expected, managed to top the software charts with impressive sales, selling over 201,000 units in its first week.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 was a fellow debutant. The action adventure title has been performing well elsewhere in the world as well, and though its Japanese debut fell short of what Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon on the 3DS managed in 2013 (by roughly half), it still debuted at No. 2 with sales of over 150,000 copies.
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 was yet another new release, and it entered the charts at fifth place, selling almost 20,000 units. Meanwhile, Ring Fit Adventure is continuing to sell well, occupying third place with over 51,000 units sold, while Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – which topped the charts last week – drops down to No. 4 with nearly 38,000 units sold.
On the hardware front, the Switch saw a massive boost in sales. Thanks to the Japanese launch of the Pokemon Sword and Shield special edition Switch Lite, the Nintendo system sold over 119,000 units, as opposed to over 69,000 units last week.
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending November 3 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales)
01. [PS4] Persona 5 Royal – 201.448 / NEW
02. [NSW] Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 150.649 / NEW
03. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 51.143 / 183.685
04. [PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – 37.905 / 155.575
05. [NSW] Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020 – 19.438 / NEW
06. [NSW] Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition – 8.551 / 421.548
07. [NSW] Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town – 8.266 / 90.954
08. [NSW] Minecraft – 7.758 / 987.202
09. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7.233 / 2.511.662
10. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 7.109 / 3.317.305
Hardware sales (followed by last week’s sales)
Nintendo Switch – 119.397 (69.438)
PS4 – 8.338 (7.422)
Xbox One – 75 (81)
Nintendo 3DS – 1.070 (1.241)
PS Vita – 41 (23)