Famitsu has released its latest weekly data for video game software and hardware sales in Japan, and there’s almost nothing to be surprised about here. Pokemon Legends: Arceus, which made a predictably impressive debut a couple of weeks ago, is still on top of the charts with over 140,000 units sold, and has a very healthy lead over the game placed second, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which sold over 15,000.
Interestingly enough, nearly every single game in the top 10 of the software sales charts is a Nintendo Switch release, which has often been the case in these weekly proceedings. The only other non-Switch game in the top 10 is the PS4 version of Dying Light 2 Stay Human, which stands at No. 5 with over 10,000 units sold.
Meanwhile, on the hardware front, the Nintendo Switch has dominated with its sales, as it does every week. The base Switch, Switch Lite, and Switch OLED collectively sold over 118,000 units during the course of the week. Trailing way behind, but almost neck-and-neck with each other, are the PS5 (with over 6,400 units sold) and the Xbox Series X/S (with over 5,900 units sold).
You can check out the full software and hardware charts for the week ending February 13 below.
Software sales (followed by lifetime sales):
- [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 140,149 (1,923,870)
- [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15,515 (4,429,626)
- [NSW] Mario Party Superstars – 14,812 (865,507)
- [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 11,134 (4,764,379)
- [PS4] Dying Light 2: Stay Human – 10,305 (34,466)
- [NSW] Minecraft – 9,784 (2,514,952)
- [NSW] Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl – 8,163 (2,502,926)
- [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 7,779 (7,183,331)
- [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure – 7,652 (3,074,777)
- [NSW] My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! – Pirates that Stir the Waters – 6,676 (New)
- Nintendo Switch – 118,065
- PS5 – 6,418
- Xbox Series X/S – 5,955